At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Specialty Engineering team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is looking for you to join our team as a Software Safety Engineer based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Work with Software Engineers using state-of-the-art Model Based Engineering (MBE) development tools and processes to develop safety critical products for advanced aircraft and navigation systems applications.
* Be the System Safety representative reviewing hardware (logicware/firmware), software and test department artifacts for safety critical applications on navigation units, avionics units as well as cockpit computer applications.
* Be responsible for safety input to software, firmware, logicware architecture, requirements, design, code, and test of the avionics.
* Provide safety analysis and software safety analysis of aircraft systems as well as support additional hazard analysis, fault tree analysis, risk assessments, risk resolution, mishap investigations, software process safety, and safety assessment processes.
* Utilize knowledge of military and/or their equivalent industry standards such as MIL-STD-882, DO-178B/C, DO-248, DO-254, ARP-4754, ARP-4761 and Joint Services Software Safety Engineering Handbook (JSSSEH).
* Be the lead on a software safety critical program for software efforts, including determining/specifying software safety design requirements for the program, and support to the software safety results/assessment to the customer.
* Develop trustworthy customer relationships via excellent communication, technical insight and successful execution of programs.
* Collaborate with Integrated Product Teams (IPT), program management and suppliers for the safety of assigned systems.
* Support estimating and developing integrated master schedule (IMS) safety tasks.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer
challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
* Health Plan
* Savings Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
* This position may be filled at the higher grade based on the following qualifications:
* BS in Computer Science or STEM related discipline with a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience; MS with 0 years of relevant experience.
* BS in Computer Science or STEM related discipline with a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience; MS with 3 years of relevant experience; or PhD with 0 years relevant experience.
* Experience in translating software requirements into software design, producing software code from designs, and testing and debugging software code.
* Able to work in an open collaborative environment and have demonstrated ability to independently determine/develop solutions to complex difficult problems.
* Able to interact with team members, peers, leadership within Northrop Grumman and customer community using intelligent & effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience in the use of high level programming languages such as C/C , Java and/or Ada95.
* Ability to obtain DoD Secret clearance or higher.
* MS in Computer Science.
* Experience with Object-Oriented development and UML based design development tools such as IBM Rhapsody.
* Familiarity with IBM Rational ClearCase and ClearQuest.
* Experience using modeling tools such as MATLab, MathWorks Simulink or ANSYS SCADE and using requirements management tools such as DOORS.
* Experience developing embedded real-time safety-critical software systems using processes that employ DO-178C and/or JSSSEH/MIL-STD-882E safety critical software guidance/criteria.
* Experience with Software test tools such as LDRA, and Vector Cast and test languages such as Python.
* Aviation/Avionics Safety and/or airworthiness certification process experience.
* Experience in requirements development, system/software architecture, hardware/software design, software code implementation, test, verification and validation such as those used in primary flight displays, flight control computers, etc.
* An active DOD Secret Security clearance or higher that has been granted/renewed within the last 5 years.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.