At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The OC-135 team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Engineer based out of Manhattan Beach, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
Roles and responsibilities include:
* Application of systems engineering processes to develop systems that meet customer requirements
* Execution of trade studies to select from among multiple potential solutions
* Management of requirements, include decomposition, allocation, verification, and validation
* System modeling and simulation
* Architecture, OPSCON, and use case development using model-based systems engineering methodologies
* Database development, management, maintenance
* Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
* Perform analyses at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, and test.
* Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
* Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
* Perform Systems Requirements analysis
* Requirements database development, management, maintenance experience (e.g. DOORS, Requisite Pro)
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
* 2 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline; 0 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree
* Experience with MS Windows applications and proficient in the use of MS Office software
* Able to function in multi-disciplinary team-oriented environment and rapidly adapt to changing work priorities.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience with requirements database development, management, maintenance experience (e.g. DOORS, Requisite Pro), Trade Studies analysis/development
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
* Health Plan
* Savings Plan
* Paid Time Off
* Additional benefits
* Education Assistance
* Training and Development
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.