At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values
that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills,
innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Resilient Network Solutions (RNS) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Network Engineer based out of San Diego, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
Realize the rewards of conquering a new challenge in a dynamic and highly-technical working environment. At Northrop Grumman's RNS Operating Unit, our team of communication systems experts is developing next-generation
communication systems for our armed forces. RNS is seeking a highly-motivated Network Communications Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
The selected candidate will join a team responsible for providing communications functions on multiple, simultaneous RF channels to the world's most sophisticated platforms. Network engineers perform end-to-end networking system integration, and operations, in wide-area heterogeneous networks that include multiple levels of classification.
Understanding of TCP/IP, IP sub-netting, ACLs, advanced routing protocols to include EIGRP and BGP, GRE tunnels, VLANs, trunking, QoS, DHCP, DNS, and VPNs are required.
Experience with Cisco Unified Communications Manager and implementation of DoD Cybersecurity requirements are desirable. The Networking Group within RNS is an Integrated Product Team, so familiarity and experience with Linux,
VMware ESXi, and Windows operating systems are a plus. Cisco certification is a plus. Experience with military COMSEC such as High Assurance IP Encryptors (HAIPEs) is also a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
* Develop network documentation, specifications, and schematics for terrestrial and wireless tactical network architectures
* Perform analysis of hardware and software solutions including tools and techniques to meet specification and design
* Assemble, integrate and configure network equipment
* Conduct testing of network design
* Manage and maintain a smooth operation of network environments while working with an interdisciplinary team of
systems, network, software, and hardware engineers
* Work under the direction of senior network communications engineers.
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to
diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that
putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on the qualifications below.
This position may be filled as a Network or Principal Network Engineer.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Basic Qualifications for a Network Engineer: Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline with 2 years of relevant experience; 0 years with a Master's degree
Basic Qualifications for a Principal Network Engineer:
Bachelor's degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math) discipline with 5 years of relevant experience; 3 years with a Master's degree
Basic Qualifications for a Network and Principal Network Engineer:
* Understanding of TCP/IP, IP sub-netting, ACLs, advanced routing protocols to include EIGRP and BGP, GRE tunnels, VLANs, trunking, QoS, DHCP, DNS, and/or VPNs are required.
* Experience with assembling, integrating and configuring network equipment
* Experience with IT Infrastructure Management/Monitoring Tools(e.g.,WhatsUpGold, Splunk, SolarWinds, Cisco Secure Servers - ISE) and Techniques.
* Experience with network configuration and troubleshooting, to include routing, switching, access lists, and firewalls
* Experience with terrestrial network architectures, designs and implementations as well as network security architectures
* Proficiency in MS Office including PowerPoint and Visio
* Ability to obtain/maintain DoD Secret Clearance
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience with classified labs/environments
* Experience with Agile Development.
* Experience configuring and maintaining Cisco routers, managed switches, and firewalls.
* Experience configuring and maintaining Tactical Radio networks including ANW2, SRW, TTNT, MUOS, and WNW.
* Experience with multiple networking protocols across client-server platforms as well as an understanding of large-scale
processor applications (Ethernet, TCP/IP, VRF, OSPF, UDP, DHCP, SMTP, and FTP).
* Experience with network subnetting and CIDR.
* Experience administering Linux and Windows.
* VMWare or other virtualization experience.
* Experience working with suppliers
* Experience with aerospace development, production and fielding
* Possess one or more of the following certifications: Security , CCNA, CCNP, CASP or CISSP
* Active DoD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.