Amazon World Wide Robotics is seeking a Systems Development Engineer to lead implementation
Amazon Design Technologies is a multi-disciplinary team that provides design software, develops product data management (PDM), Computer Aided Design (CAD), Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) solutions, systems platforms and design processes to our Product Development, technology development, Operations and Manufacturing teams. We are looking for an experienced Systems Development Engineer to join our team who enjoys solving problems and have strong technical background in PDM/PLM/CAD application management and software development.
As a Systems Development Engineer on the team, you will be expected to operate at all levels, diving deep into the details of PLM/CAD system needs while providing strategic inputs on overall architecture to design, implement, develop and promote internal business processes. The ideal candidate is responsive and wears multiple hats to work in fast paced environment which has an entrepreneurial feel of a "start-up". At the core of this role, the person is expected to Think Big and innovate through simple solutions to improve business processes and deliver great customer value.
The ideal candidate will:
* · Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is "Work hard. Have fun. Make history." The right candidate will love what they do and instinctively know how to make work fun.
* · Be passionate about customers. We start with the customer and work backwards. The right candidate will be passionate about delighting customers at all levels.
* · Dive deep to solve problems. Our systems and services are highly available, scalable, durable, and secure. The right candidate will be ready to roll up their sleeves to dig out root causes and solve complex problems before they impact customers.
* · Know how to automate. We work fast and we work at scale. The right candidate will drive our culture of tooling and automation to scale our capabilities as our customers and services scale.
* · Be equally comfortable coding as working with customers to gather and refine requirements.
* Key Responsibilities:
* · Act as the system architect and implement a large-scale PLM system implementation using PTC Windchill, including CAD and PDM integration aligned to the business needs of the project team.
* · System Development Engineers build, troubleshoot, debug, evaluate and resolve challenges, make feature enhancements, bug fixes, systems management, perform software deployments and migrations, host management and automate routine operational tasks.
* · The position requires a combination of strong troubleshooting, technical and communication skills and includes a mix of on call and operational tasks and involves small to medium level software development work.
* · Responsible for developing tools and automation to achieve human free operations. They use the right tool for the job, and modify software in a way that leverages the overall system architecture.
* Export Control Requirement:
Due to applicable export control laws and regulations, candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (i.e., current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.