Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Arthur J. Gallagher & Co., one of the world's largest insurance brokers, provides a full range of retail and wholesale property/casualty (P/C) brokerage and alternative risk transfer services globally, as well as employee benefit brokerage, consulting, and actuarial services in the United States. We also offer claims and information management, risk control consulting, and appraisal services to clients around the world.
The Senior .Net Developer is responsible for a wide variety of application development and support processes.
Part of a divisional IT team based in Rolling Meadows, IL. The team develops enterprise caliber software applications on the Microsoft .Net platform. The team is led by managers with software development backgrounds and strives to use modern practices and technologies to develop software the right way. There is a dynamic team environment that encourages collaboration among developers to make the whole team better.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Directs, prepares, designs, codes, tests, debugs, and maintains complex computer programs.
* Under general direction, formulates and defines system scope and objectives.
* May be asked to provide technical direction to other developers on the team
* Works with users to support business applications, and investigate operational problems/system requirements.
* Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results.
* Prepares detailed specifications from which programs will be written.
* Designs, codes, tests, debugs, and documents those programs.
* Solves user inquiries that arise during day-to-day operation.
* Additional Considerations:
* Interacting with key business individuals to understand business issues and goals.
* Refining business requirements from which programs will be written.
* Responsible for completion of development projects.
* Developing business cases, requirements and performance metrics.
* Some after-hours system related work (code rolls, upgrades, maintenance) will be required.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related degree
* 5 or more years of application development and architecture experience on the.Net platform
* Understanding of systems development and project delivery life cycle
* Prior experience serving as an IT liaison to business users for application requirements and end user support
* Hands on technical experience with:
* C# and the .NET Framework 3.5 and beyond
* Entity Framework
* Web services (ASMX, WCF, Web API)
* Relational databases, including Microsoft SQL Server
* Autofac (or other Inversion of Control Dependency Injection container)
* SQL Server Reporting Services
* Domain Driven Design
* Team Foundation Server
* Visual Studio
* Hands on technical experience with:
* ASP.NET Web Forms
* Umbraco content management (a plus)
* Octopus Deploy
* C# 7+
* ASP.NET Core
* Experience with automated unit testing and test-assisted development
* Experience with agile software development methodologies
* Experience with automated build and deployment processes
* Thorough and organized in managing day to day development and support tasks
* Strong applications analysis and issue resolution (troubleshooting) skills
* Strong user and client relationship management skills
* Excellent written and oral communications with ability to work effectively and provide feedback to senior level managers and vendors
* Self-starter with strong work ethic and ability to excel in fast paced, high demand environment
* Competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of applications systems analysis and programming activities
* Proven ability to independently manage tasks and priorities, accurately estimate work and meet deadlines
* Commitment to quality and excellent customer service to end users
U.S. Eligibility Requirements:
* Interested candidates must submit an application and resume/CV online to be considered.
* Must be 18 years of age or older.
* Must be willing to submit to a background investigation; any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation.
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States. For U.S. employment opportunities, Gallagher hires U.S. citizens, permanent residents, asylees, refugees, and temporary residents. Temporary residence does not include those with non-immigrant work authorization (F, J, H or L visas), such as students in practical training status. Exceptions to these requirements will be determined based on shortage of qualified candidates with a particular skill. Gallagher will require proof of work authorization.
* Must be willing to execute Gallagher's Employee Agreement or Confidentiality and Non-Disclosure Agreement which requires, among other things, post-employment obligations relating to non-solicitation, confidentiality and non-disclosure.
Gallagher offers competitive salaries and benefits, including: medical/dental/vision plans, life and accident insurance, 401(K), employee stock purchase plan, educational expense reimbursement, employee assistance program, flexible work hours (availability varies by office and job function) training programs, matching gift program, and more.
Gallagher believes that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against nor favor any applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, age, veteran status, disability, national origin, or any other legally protected status. Equal employment opportunity will be extended in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, demotion, compensation, benefits, layoff, and termination. In addition, Gallagher will make reasonable accommodations to known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant with a disability, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business.
About Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
Arthur J. Gallagher helps clients address risk, protect their assets and recover from losses.