Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
The Currency Trading Technology team is looking for a highly motivated business analyst to make an impact at Wellington in its high demand and strategic initiatives. This is a great opportunity for a business analyst to build a career and learn about trading currencies in a fast moving global market, in a rapidly evolving market structure and regulatory environment.
At Wellington, our business analysts work directly with traders and trade administrators and are exposed to the latest industry tools and trends as well as innovative problem solving. In addition, our business analysts contribute to all aspects of the definition, implementation, and support of the Global Trading Order Management System which is used by the Currency Trading Desk.
* Partner with Traders and Trade Administrators to identify business requirements
* Document requirements and work with the development, QA, and support teams to ensure that all team members understand the business needs
* Partner with Project Managers, Technical and QA Leads on estimates, statuses, identify issues and raise risks
* Assist with system testing, deployment, training and support of the Trading Application
* Work with brokers and trading vendors to bring 3rd party tools into the desk
* Identify specific industry initiatives that require product changes and new product development. This extends from improving the existing products to developing next generation products
* Collaborate with software developers, database architects, vendors, and other IT and business teams to analyze and determine functional specifications and UI design for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
* Develop deep knowledge and expertise in Wellington specific workflows
* Work with traders to prioritize needs and ensure communication to keep them apprised of progress
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business, Economics, Finance or related subject
* 2+ years BA or systems analysis experience
* Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities
* Knowledge of Currency trading practices and market a plus
* Experience with Eze Castle, Aladdin, Charles River, Latent Zero, Longview is a plus
* Experience with FX Connect, Flextrade, Bloomberg, TradeWeb, MarketAccess, or other trading execution platforms is a plus
* Experience with Oracle/SQL, PL/SQL, Python, VBA, or Java considered a plus
* Candidates must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and an ability to work with various internal teams to execute on that vision
* Strong presentation and communication skills
* Strategic thinker, but with a high attention to detail
* High degree of initiative and enthusiasm with superb interpersonal and communication skills
Systems Analyst, Currency Trading
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com.
About Wellington Management
Provides a range investment services to public and private institutions.