Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
Our Information Technology team is recruiting for a Senior Systems Engineer based in our Marlborough, MA office. This person will be working in a global team that is responsible for engineering end user computing solutions from concept to implementation. This role includes both defining and building solutions for our end user compute function with a focus on universal access. The ideal candidate must have a strong interest and capacity to learn new technologies. They will be able to deliver numerous accessibility solutions for our employees, regardless of technology.
The role requires significant, demonstrated engineering and delivery capabilities working with cross-functional teams within matrixed organizations. The successful candidate will also need to demonstrate the ability to assimilate disparate technical concepts quickly, manage multiple competing priorities and communicate effectively within the team as well as with across the department and Firm.
The wider Common End User Compute team is responsible for engineering the firm's core Windows 10 platform, as well as managing end user compute patching, software packaging and deployment, group policy and active directory administration, as well as providing third line desktop engineering support to other teams. The team is also responsible for desktop remote access and application virtualization (including Citrix). The team is a global team with members in Marlborough, London and Singapore.
Responsibilities for this role include, but are not limited to:
* Support the processes and policies for policy management as well as application lifecycle management for core applications.
* Supervise the engineering teams responsible for application virtualization and develop roadmaps for continuous improvements in this area.
* Develop a universal remote access solution for our employees to access their compute devices no matter where they are or what device they use.
* Lead the engineering effort to design and implement the firm's next generation application virtualization solution to replace the current Citrix solution. (AppStream, VMWare, etc)
* Collaborate with network, security and other teams that interface with the end user computing.
* Ensure adherence to established IT standards and processes while proactively highlighting opportunities for improvement.
* Ensure all issues are logged appropriately and escalated as necessary using the Incident and Problem management process.
* Communicate clearly with relevant stakeholders to ensure they are kept up to date this progress on projects and follow-up on all open and pending items.
* Escalate issues to the wider support teams, vendors and management as necessary.
* Identify persistent problems, and work with wider teams to resolve.
* Look for service improvement and ticket reduction opportunities.
* Ensure controls and policies are adhered to at all times.
Qualifications & Experience
* 5+ years of design/engineering/architecture experience in end user computing technologies.
* 3+ years of supporting VDI or application virtualization solutions (Amazon Workspaces a plus).
* 2+ years of thin client support/architecture (PCoIP, RDP, and ICA).
* Supervisory experience, preferably including management of offshore resources.
* Demonstrated ability to learn and adapt to new technologies.
* Substantial experience with problem solving in complex system and network infrastructures, with a focus on ensuring a positive end user experience.
* Detailed knowledge of Windows 7 / Windows 10 desktop operating systems, including lifecycle management and root cause analysis.
* Familiarity with cloud based solutions including, but not limited to, IaaS and SaaS (Amazon Web Services, Office365).
* Detailed knowledge of Microsoft Office.
* Strong technical grasp of strategic platforms such as Microsoft, Networks and Security, WAN, LAN.
* Excellent knowledge of Active Directory/Group Policy/SCCM/Intune.
* Solid networking knowledge, including LANs, WANs, Routers, VLANs, VPNs, Wi-Fi.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills & Ability to collaborate, share the workload, and provide direction to team resources.
* Knowledge of industry best practice and standards in an ITIL-based organization.
* Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
* Collaborative, self-starter with the ability to manage multiple, changing priorities in a fast-paced and global oriented team.
* Scripting or programming knowledge (PowerShell, Python, etc) desirable.
Senior Desktop Architect/Engineer
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management considers all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at Wellington@icareerhelp.com.
About Wellington Management
Provides a range investment services to public and private institutions.