Define, design, and implement network communications and solutions within a fast-paced, leading edge database/applications company.
Responsible for creating and implementing system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliablility of the system. Manage the load configurations of a central data communication processor and make recommendations for purchase or upgrade of data networks. Coordinate terminal orders and cable installation, network system planning, upgrading, monitoring, testing, and servicing. Approves action requests and specifies purchase requisitions. Negotiates and places orders with common carriers. May play a team leader role for developing System Administrators.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Eight years of related experience in a medium to large network distributed and computing environment. BS in Computer Science or related field.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
About Business Unit:
Managed Cloud Services (MCS) delivers enterprise-grade, end-end managed cloud services across every layer of the Oracle Cloud Technology Stack. OMCS provide global, enterprise quality engineering and support for customers deployed on OCI cloud platform.
Oracle's Managed Cloud Implementation Team is seeking talented System Administrator, who is adept at solving complex technical problems that span multiple areas combining system and software; excel in production operations, service assurance, automation with strong DevOps toolchain background - engineer who consider innovation as a major part of their deliverables. You should be able to identify operational patterns and issues and creatively automate solutions working with different internal engineering teams and implementation requirements.
* Design and configure Cloud infrastructure to support customer migrations and Go-Live support.
* Hands on experience in Linux and networking with in-depth skills on services like cups, sftp, SSL cert, performance tools, sendmail, pam and audit.
* Experience in automation/orchestration, configuration management (Ansible, Chef, Salt, Puppet).
* Hands on experience with Virtualization, Docker, Kubernetes, Infrastructure as a code (Terraform).
* Proficiency in one or more modern programming languages (Python, Ruby, Perl, Shell).
* Certification in OCI/AWS/Azure is an added advantage.
* Prior experience supporting production systems in a 24/7 environment for large scale customer facing web services/data center.
* The role requires daily onsite presence in Austin to work on multiple projects/tasks at once and operate in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
* Ability to both work independently with minimal direction and to collaborate effectively with local or remote teams with a strong customer focus on operational efficiency.
* Must be willing to work in 24x7 operations.
* BA/BS preferred, 8 years of relevant experience, Active or willingness to maintain Security Clearance;
* Strong System and Network administration experience
* Security certification CISSP or equivalent (CAP, GSLC, CISM)
* System design and development experience
* Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to document and transfer knowledge and cross-train peers
* Experience in risk management, security compliance, system certification, IT operations security, and incident response.
* High-level of organizational skills and detail-orientation essential
* Experience with writing, editing, and/or managing a wide variety of IT security documentation and familiarity with federal IT standards such as NIST SP 800 Series, FedRAMP and FISMA
* Experience interviewing subject matter experts and using knowledge to develop, edit, and revise documentation including standard operating procedures, system security plans, and policies and procedures.
* Experience with the production and/or editing of technical drawings
* Understanding of Third-party Assessment Organizations (3PAO)
* Development testing and implementation image hardening processes experience
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.