What you'll be doing...
You will be part of a team providing critical support and direction for systems used in the Supply Chain Planning team for inventory planning and consumer fulfillment. You will be working on inventory management, forecasting, and planning production systems, databases,and the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC). You will partner with Business and IT on enhancements, changes, and fixes for existing Supply Chain Planning applications new system implementations, and providing day-to-day support for Verizon's Planning Systems including Logility, Baxter, APO, JDA and SAP systems.
* Acting as the liason between technical and non-technical business partners.
* Maintaining interaction with internal business partners relating to objectives, deliverables, and production support within Supply Chain planning systems and processes.
* Interacting with Supply Chain Planning, Verizon Wireless Device Marketing, Logistics Operations, and external partner groups to identify, design, implement, and support enhancements and solutions.
* Managing implementation of new systems, upgrades, service packs, fixes, enhancements, and process changes by coordinating and conducting testing with IT and end users.
* Working with the business and master data on new SKU setup.
* Assisting Supply Chain team and business partners in identifying, troubleshooting, and resolving problems related to systems processes, data reporting, software and/or hardware.
* Investigating problems to determine root cause including change in business process/data input, interfacing system changes, recent bug/code fixes, etc. and defining defines the fix/solution.
* Developing concepts, policies and procedures to solve complex problems and make recommendations to assist in the completion of key initiatives within the planning functional area.
* Facilitating user acceptance testing with end users prior to deploying fixes and enhancements to production ensuring changes are working as expected.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant supply chain and/or systems work experience.
* Experience in Planning Systems applications including JDA, Logility, baxter, and/or SAP.
* Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time.
Even better if you have:
* Bachelor degree in Computer Science/Information Systems/Industrial Engineering or Supply Chain Management.
* Three or more years of information systems experience; or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Strong technical and analytical skills.
* Efficient in Microsoft Office and GSuite applications.
* In-depth knowledge of information systems concepts.
* Strong knowledge of applicable methodologies, tools, standards, and procedures.
* Strong organizational and problem solving abilities.
* Demonstrated strong verbal and written communication skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.