What you'll be doing...
This Verizon Engineer position will be dedicated to focusing on the IP/ Network troubleshooting for our Global IP Network. In our Global IP Network, our services include SES, Public IP, Private IP, XO, IDN/VMN, and CEA/CPA. We partner closely with our Verizon Enterprise Solution teams as well as our Overseas EMEA Teams located throughout Europe, Latin America, and Asia. Our team works very well together and are currently enchaining our documentation, training, and work environment. Join our team as we begin to prepare our network transformation towards the Intelligent Edge Network. You'll be on the forefront of supporting our traditional networks as we begin to train you and our engineers for the up-coming migration into the IEN!
* Proactive network monitoring, following established procedures when responding to network alarms and events.
* Trouble Ticket management, Outage/LOD notification management, processing escalations. Generate, drive, and update problem-tracking tickets via multiple systems and continually improve business practices.
* Perform triage, fault isolation, and remediation of network events.
* Work with external and internal Verizon organizations coordinating and troubleshooting network events.
* Willingness to work all shifts, enhance automation through scripting and RPA (bots), and improve how the team functions for increased efficiency.
* Provide timely and accurate network technical assistance to external teams by communicating technical details and status to customer service centers, technical support organizations, and executive management teams during network events and major outages.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Associate's degree or two or more years of work experience.
* Three or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree.
* Knowledge of TCP/IP.
* Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Network Management Center/Network Operations Center 24x7 Work Experience.
* Knowledge of Python (or equivalent) scripting.
* Experience driving automation initiatives and process improvements.
* Experience with creating or updating Process Documentation.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.