Req ID: 48320
Job Family: Information Technology/Software Development
Sabre is the global leader in innovative technology that leads the travel industry. We are always looking for bright and driven people who have a penchant for technology and want to hone their skills. If you are interested in challenging work, being part of a global team, and solving complex problems through technology, business intelligence and analytics, and Agile practices - then Sabre is right for you! It is our people who develop and deliver powerful solutions that meet the current and future needs for our airline, hotel, and travel agency customers.
We are looking for forward-thinking, creative people who take ownership of results and make things happen. If this sounds like you, consider joining our team. The OCC Operations Team will play a key role in support all of Sabre's cutting-edge platforms that support over 85,000 transactions per second. The Operations Control Center (OCC) is the front line support for all of Sabre's technologies and works 24*7 with all levels of staff and management across a broad range of groups including external technology providers, IT engineering, development and platform support teams to provide a wide range of services.
The Supervisor OCC Operations is the senior resource for the OCC operations staff that supports all of Sabre's applications and infrastructures world-wide. This roleis the primary responsible party to ensure that all production services are monitored proactively and continuously to provide real-observation of health conditions and that team members are trained to respond to incidents quickly and efficiently to minimize downtime and prevent service interruptions.
In addition the expectations of this role will be to:
* Develop adeep understanding of the business and be able to build strong working relationships with all levels of staff and other groups both within TEO and across the organization.
* Rapidly develop skills in system and monitoring tools, gain a deep understanding of solution components including Java, Web logic, Oracle, network infrastructure and security infrastructure.
* Establish notification and escalation narratives to follow in the event of service impairment and detection of Infrastructure service failure, degradation or other anomalies.
* Work with larger groups and facilitate management of service restoration activities and ensure OCC adheres to its SLA's
* Instrumentation of new applications, network products and central role in support of stress testing and predictive performance assessment activities.
* Develop and communicate strategic direction for OCC. Organize brainstorming sessions with key stakeholders to maintain a prioritized list of ideas for continuous improvement.
* Personnel and performance management of direct reports to include career and performance discussions as well as formal review per Sabre's schedule. Acquire and retain exceptional talent.
* Define OCC services to ensure that issues related to service disruptions for business-critical IT services are identified and resolved in a timely manner.
* Collaboratewith multiple groups to understand the business needs and to define activities related to for notification, escalation, and the development of discrete customer reporting related to issue resolution, or to the provisioning of infrastructure services.
* Define roles and responsibilities and establish standard services across all OCC functions, related performance metrics. Prepare recurring staffing and scheduling needs and manage support for areas of responsibility.
* Define, report and analyze monthly key performance metrics for OCC
* Establish actionable plans to continuously improve system availability, recoverability, and performance.
* 10+ years in an IT Infrastructure Management/Support role, including 5+ years managing/running of Command Center Function in similar production critical environments.
* Bachelor's degree required. Masters Preferred.
* Experience with managing system configurations in the following technologies; Linux, Unix, SQL, Oracle, job or file transfer scheduling, data communications, network management systems, security management systems.
* Experience with application monitoring, reporting and performance analysis via system monitoring tools.
* Hands-on understanding of IT Infrastructure & clear understanding of Enterprise Architectures
* Experience of leading large teams and working across a matrix organization fostering teamwork
* Knowledge in IT Service Management and Service NOW
* Strong background in working in a critical production support 24*7 environment.
* Strong vision setting, concept articulation and exceptional communications skills (presentation and written) that would facilitate effective partnering with both client and internal executive and technical leadership teams.
* Instinctive team player who can foster collaboration and build consensus across multiple constituencies, including the ability to communicate complex technical issues to multiple audiences.
* Has a proven track record of managing technically diverse staff and resources in both daily operations and production support.
* Must have a successful track record functioning as a leader and positive/motivational force when managing a team; including identifying and resolving conflicts within teams; negotiating skillfully in difficult situations with both internal and external groups; developing compromise and solutions.
* Knowledge of ITSM management technologies and best practices.
* Willingness/ability to work off-shifts (evening, night-time, weekend).
Sabre is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with disabilities. Applicants applying for a Sabre position with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process may contact Sabre's Compliance Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sabre is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals. EEO IS THE LAW
Stay connected with Sabre Careers
Job Segment: Technical Support, Manager, Oracle, Database, SQL, Technology, Management
Apply now "
Sabre is a technology company that provides global travel and tourism industry solutions.