At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you'll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients' needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We're proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
The Strategic Security Consultant - Identity and Data Management requires understanding of Identity and Access Management and strong experience in business analysis.
This position is for a mid-level consultative resource that will be expected to be equally successful and skilled in both IAM subject-matters and soft skills.
This resource will be expected to execute on IAM engagements from the business perspective in a billable capacity and provide overall strategic, tactical, and thought leader type responsibilities for each project assigned, primarily focused on business analysis and guiding principals.
Strategic Security Consultants also carry the first line of client delivery interactions and are responsible for defining, developing, and presenting solution specifications, parameters, and roadmaps during IAM engagements in line with project scope and product functionality. This is not a sales or implementation position. This position requires heavy client face-time, excellent communication and organization skills, and significant, detailed documentation.
* Perform confidently and authoritatively in the role of Consultant in the Identity and Data Management team, as the IAM subject matter expert, providing IAM thought leadership, strategic and tactical contributions on all IAM-related assessments, and/or deployment engagements involving an IAM technology solution.
* Lead day-to-day billable operations within a client project - ability to fulfill project needs and build client relationships, while acting independently or as part of a larger team.
* Demonstrate understanding and expertise on relevant facets of the security and IAM spaces.
* Act as the "strategic/tactical advisor" to the customer through IAM-related guiding principals and industry standard trends and recommendations.
* Create excellent, comprehensive documentation detailing requirements, use cases, diagrams, presentations, and more as required by the specific engagement. Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio are required.
* Contribute to internal team building, knowledge transfer, and training activities within this Strategic Consulting team.
* Effectively provide subject matter expertise and lead the discovery and analysis phase of any project you are assigned to from a strategic business perspective standpoint.
* Perform work successfully with moderate supervisory oversight; candidate must be an independent contributor able to perform a variety of IAM-related advisory activities him/herself as well as be able to guide other resources and engage customer resources effectively.
* Remain current on IAM market-related and emerging trends, tools, and methodologies.
* Travel as needed to customer locations to lead and participate in IAM workshops, assessments and/or deployments (Please note, this position will require US and Canada travel which may be up to 75% or more at times, depending on the engagement and client).
* Adhere to policies, procedures, and security practices of the IAM practice.
* Resolve internal problems maturely and independently, and understand escalation procedures within the IAM practice.
* Demonstrate strong, proactive communication with all levels of the IAM practice.
* Perform public speaking and eminence-related activities for the team and respective subject matter, as needed.
* Participate in advanced projects; including projects that require on-the-fly research and assessment process development and/or lie outside of core group of offerings.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* Minimum of three years of security-related business analyst experience required, preference to IAM-related experience.
* Experience preferred for analyst activities associated with IAM vendors, including but not limited to: SailPoint, Saviynt, RSA, CyberArk, Microsoft, Okta, Ping, CA, or Oracle.
* Must be able to travel to the US and Canada up to 50-75%, with occasional travel over 75% if required by the engagement/client.
* Experience with various project management methodologies (waterfall, Agile, iterative, etc.) is preferred, but not required.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills required. Must be able to communicate details in a clear, understandable manner to multiple levels of an organization, and follow templates and other requirements, as applicable.
* Customer-oriented focus required, with a strong interest in client satisfaction.
* Solid understanding of information security in general.
* Demonstrated ability to learn new technology or concepts very quickly when required.
* Demonstrated outstanding time management, independent work, and organizational skills required.
* Self-starter, with a strong interest in technology and a desire to learn and grow in the IAM and security spectrum.
* Knowledge of key information security compliance-related government regulations (including SoX, PCI-DSS, GLBA, HIPAA) preferred.
* Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one, small, and large group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization, including a range of audiences from technical, business, and C-level.
* Ability to distill advanced IAM and core IAM technology concepts down to principles that can be understood and applied by all audiences, and the ability to determine those audiences, preferred.
* Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing to all levels of an organization.
* Strong problem solving aptitude with ability to think clearly under pressure and in hostile environments.
* Ability to identify and understand how system and tool concepts work in the absence of instructions or training.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Management Information Systems or a related area of study; or four or more years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Optiv provides cyber security and information security services.