Role Summary:At GE Healthcare, we are building a new portfolio of Cyber Commercial offerings to help customers combat the threat of growing cyber-attacks. For this purpose, we are seeking a Staff UX Design Technologist that will bridge the gap between Design and Technology.
Essential Responsibilities:As a Staff UX Design Technologist, you understand the importance of human-centered design and the implication of technology on experiences. You will oversee a large or multiple small to medium sized projects and Evangelize modern presentation layer technologies to Development Teams to bring the vision to life. You will also document said needs and requirements and will lead modern wire framing techniques to build out the solutions and improve overall user experience.
In this role, you will:
In this role, you will:
* Participate as a team member in design validation sessions; execute design technology tasks as assigned in detail
* Execute on multiple small and medium sized projects as assigned in a cross-functional environment
* Demonstrate awareness of the software development process and how UX designers can best support development efforts
* Articulates the pros/cons of specific technology for with regards to the user experience of a given product/service
* Document requirements
* Develop live wireframes and work in collaboration with product management and development teams/vendors/partners to enhance the vision and improve user experience
Qualifications/Requirements:Degree Requirements: Bachelor's Degree
Minimum Years of Experience: 6
Education in: Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
Specific Wording: Design (e.g. interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial), Computer Science, Human-Computer interaction, design
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job
* Must be willing to travel 25%
* Must be willing to work out of an office located Wauwatosa or Waukuesha, WI OR Chicago, IL or remote home office in the US
Desired Characteristics:• Technical Expertise:
* Basic experience with native mobile application design (e.g. iOS, Android)
* Basic infrastructure experience setting up web applications (e.g. AWS, Azure, or traditional in-house)
* Advanced knowledge of APIs, Databases, and one server-side language (e.g. Python, Java, PHP, etc.)
* Demonstrates knowledge of business' structure (P&Ls) and the interplay of functions to support business goals.
* Understands the competitive landscape, regulatory marketing, etc. Articulates clearly the main industry dynamics.
* Understands key principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important, and how technology can be used in the process to explore possibilities. Explores all ideas, regardless of their source.
* Works to create an understanding of how individual people and things fit within larger structures (like systems or organizations), as well as the relationships between parts of a system and the system as a whole. Leadership:
* Translates user-centered design requirements into technical implementations for projects. Continuously measures deliverables of self and team against scheduled commitments. Effectively balances different, competing objectives.
* Keeps participants focused on task and end process. Guides participation to include all present; solicits information about absent stakeholders.
* Expresses technology options to collaborators on cross functional teams. Goes beyond merely suggesting design technologies and clearly articulates the rationale and benefit of design technology choices.
* Understands the value of a rigorous and transparent decision-making process.
* Acts and decides appropriately when all available information may not be possible to obtain
* Directs and mentors others in critical thinking skills. Helps cross-functional teams use critical thinking skills to engage with questions and problems.
* Asks questions appropriate needed to translate an abstract problem into a roadmap for identifying solutions. Seeks out processes and ideas that are out of the norm.
* Takes initiative to learn new tools and techniques and integrates new methods to drive improved outcomes.
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;Illinois, Wisconsin;Wauwatosa, Waukehsa, Chicago, remote office in the US;
About General Electric
General Electric is a multinational conglomerate corporation offering infrastructure and financial services.