Role Summary:As a Staff Software Engineer will be responsible for designing and supporting Continuous Integration, Continuous Delivery, and Continuous Testing systems that create medical device software. The candidate will strive to increase productivity with their research into best practices, design, implementation, and operation of solutions that continuously modernize, streamline and increase the efficiency of software development process.
Essential Responsibilities:• Researching new tools and technologies to keep our software development eco-system on the cutting edge for embracing microservices development and deployment models.
* Enabling the developer community with the hands-on adoption of best practices around continuous integration, configuration management, containers and DSL pipeline components.
* Translating business requirements into working reference platform implementations swiftly and with high quality.
* Supporting process improvements, driving efficiency across teams, and eliminating redundancy by leveraging software tools and process automation
* Diagnosing and improving application or system performance and optimizing/improving it through design and best coding practices.
Qualifications/Requirements:1. Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
2. 7+ years of experience in object-oriented design and programming in a production software environment using Agile/Waterfall development methodologies
4. Experience in supporting software build, continuous integration and continuous deployment systems tools such as Jenkins, NexusPro/Artifactory or equivalent
5. Experience in source code management tools such as Git or Perforce Helix Core and web-based hosting services such as GitHub or GitLab or Bitbucket
6. Experience with build tools such as Apache Maven, Gradle or GNU make
7. Experience in software development on Linux or Windows platform
Desired Characteristics:1. Master's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a STEM major (Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math)
2. Experience working as a member of a Scrum team in a project following SAFe Lean-Agile principles
3. Experience in infrastructure as code (IaC) using software configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
4. Experience in virtualized/containerized environment (VMWare/Docker) set-up, maintenance & ongoing development
6. Working knowledge of software as a service (SaaS), micro-service architectures, Docker, Amazon Web Services (AWS)
7. Self-starter who is motivated to learn and is at ease working as part of a team of highly talented professionals
8. An appetite for taking intelligent risks and willingness to experiment new technologies & methodologies.
9. The ability to take an idea and run with it to finish line, while also being a great team player
10. Dependable, hands-on problem solver obsessed with automating processes with excellent organizational and analytical skills; detail-oriented but moves fast
11. Excellent written and verbal communication
12. Knowledge of Software development cycle and product delivery as applicable to the medical device industry
13. Knowledge of GE Healthcare engineering tools and processes (QMS, ePDM)
14. Attention to detail and ability work independently towards timely completion of a variety of assignments
About Us:GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening.Additional Locations:United States;Illinois, Wisconsin;Waukesha, Chicago;
About General Electric
General Electric is a high-tech industrial company engaged in energy, healthcare, and transportation.