Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
Angelica Cordova Rivas
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
We would like to bring on a Staff, Software Application Engineer to our team that is responsible for our call center support application in regards to our 401k retirement plans. This role will call for strong software application design and development skills, along with a strong desire to work closely within a team setting. This role will provide an individual with excellent growth opportunities in regards to their technical skillsets. The opportunity provides candidates exposure to a seasoned team with lengthy experience in their respective fields, along with a leadership team that allows for flexibility in how the team can best achieve success.
What you'll do:
As a Staff, Software Application Engineer, the role will require someone who can do the following:
* Assist with design and develop software application systems mainly revolving around payment distributions from 401k retirement plans
* Participate on an agile team of developers, testers, product owners and scrum masters.
* Participate in discussions and engage other team members to flesh out system requirements where minimal information is provided.
* From time to time, perform manual testing and investigate ways to automate these tests
* Release applications to production environments on a regularly scheduled basis.
* Provide production application support for applications that require 99% uptime.
* The ideal candidate will possess a good balance of strong technical skills along with excellent communication and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
What you have:
Required Technical Skills
* .NET design and programming
* Object oriented design principles
* System architecture and design skills
* HTML and client side scripting
* Angular J and associated micro-services
* Pivotal Cloud Foundry architecture
* Microsoft SQL Server
* SOAP and REST web services
* Distributed application development
* Continuous Integration with Bamboo, Bitbucket and JIRA
* Automated testing design
Additional Experience Desired
* Work closely with business partners to understand requirements and promote solutions that fit within the technology vision
* Ability to learn new skills and implement new technology into applications
* Strong communication skills that can promote engagement from other team members
* Familiarity with Scrum Agile
* Experience in heavily regulated financial industry
* Ability to work well with offshore workforce and co-located workforce
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an equal employment opportunity employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. (Please click here to see policy.) Schwab is also an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. We believe diversity and inclusion are part of our success as a company and our purpose of serving every client with passion and integrity.
If you need an accommodation in the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call HR Direct at 800-725-3535.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Mainframe (Systems Prog/App Dev)-2-5 yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Thursday, March 28, 2019
Expiration Date: Saturday, June 29, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.