Austin - TX, AUS1, 2309 Gracy Farms Lane, 78758
We believe that, when done right, investing liberates people to create their own destiny. We are driven by our purpose to champion every client's goals with passion and integrity. We respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve. We challenge conventions strategically to create value for our clients, our firm and the world. We live and bring to life the concept of 'own your tomorrow' every day. We champion our employee strengths, guide their development, and invest in their long-term success. We hire optimistic, results-oriented, curious, innovative, and adaptable people with the desire to help our clients and one another succeed.
As a company, we were established by Chuck over 40 years ago to champion Main Street over Wall Street, and to help Americans transform themselves from earners to owners. Through advocacy and innovation, we work to make investing more affordable, accessible and understandable for all. As we enter our fifth decade, we are looking for talented, innovative and driven people who believe they can help themselves, and our clients, create a better future.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a great team. The Staff Support Engineer will perform defect fixes, enhancements, involved in on-call rotation, and investigating issues reported by the internal/external customers and providing solutions. Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
What you'll do:
* Perform troubleshooting/debugging, issue triaging, and perform defect fixes, and enhancements of the application.
* Support Production Readiness processes to ensure the team is ready to support features deployed to production.
* Coordinate application maintenance activities, such as OS upgrade, Disaster Recovery exercise, etc.
* Serve on a 24x7 production support team on rotation.
* Analyze and resolve application issues in production.
* Actively participating in mentoring junior team members., work as a SME for given applications, and lead team
What you have:
* The ideal candidate will have minimum of eight years or more of in depth experience in supporting a live web application, has ability to read/understand code, and has experience in building application alerts and monitoring
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline
* Knowlegde of writing Splunk queries
* Experience with App Dynamic
* Good understanding of F5, GTM/LTM, network and routing.
* Good judgment and the ability to handle stressful situations.
* Understanding of IIS Server, Web Sphere
* Knowledge of Web technologies: languages, frameworks, techniques, industry trends, etc. that includes .Net or Java
* Experience in Providing Support of Highly Available Web Application support.
* Experience in on-call rotation
* Experience in troubleshooting/debugging application issues, and determine resolution with various areas, for example: IT Operations, Change Management, Availability, Network team, Server team, Product Management, etc.
* Solid understanding of application architecture: application layer, database layer, network layer.
* The ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic, geographically dispersed environment.
* Flexibility to support all contingencies and shifting priorities.
* Experience in developing junior team members.
* Exposed to CI/CD processes.
What you'll get:
* Comprehensive Compensation and Benefits package
* Financial Health: 401k Match, Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Employee Discounts, Personalized advice, Brokerage discounts
* Work/Life Balance: Sabbatical, Paid Parental Leave, New Mothers returning to work Program, Tuition Reimbursement Programs, Time off to volunteer, Employee Matching Gifts Program
* Everyday Wellness: Health and Lifestyle Wellness Rewards, Onsite Fitness Classes, Healthy Food Choices, Wellness Champions
* Inclusion: Employee Resource Groups, Commitment to diversity, Strategic partnerships
* Not just a job, but a career, with an opportunity to do the best work of your life
Learn more about Life@Schwab.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversifying its workforce. It is Schwab's policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, legally protected medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, military status, citizenship status or any other status that is protected by law. Schwab also does not discriminate against applicants or employees because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. At Schwab, we believe that every employee, through their diverse abilities and experiences, can contribute to our growth, innovation and client loyalty. We embrace diversity and are committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants. If you have a disability, and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, call Human Resources at 800-725-3535. We will be happy to assist you. Schwab will only share your accommodation request with those individuals who have a specific need to know. The request for an accommodation will not affect Schwab's hiring decisions. All other submissions should be performed online.
Job Specifications Relocation Offered?: No Work Schedule: Weekends, Evenings, Days Languages: English - spoken Current Licenses / Certifications: None Relevant Work Experience: IT-Management/Technical Project Mgmt-6+ yrs, IT-Other Specialty Engineering-6+ yrs Position Located In: TX - Austin Education: BA/BS Job Type: Full Time
Activation Date: Friday, October 26, 2018
Expiration Date: Sunday, July 21, 2019
About Charles Schwab
The Charles Schwab Corporation is a savings and loan holding company providing wealth management, securities brokerage, banking, asset management, custody, and financial advisory services.