The Mission Systems (MS) Communications Center of Excellence is seeking a System Engineering & Technology Labs Manager supporting sites in San Diego. The System Engineering & Technology Labs Manager will report to the System Engineering Director for MS Engineering & Sciences San Diego region.
The System Engineering & Technology Labs Manager will develop & implement strategy, roadmaps and initiatives aligned to enterprise and sector mission objectives; Facilitates strategic interface between MS Communications Center of Excellence Engineering leadership, MS Engineering Center of Excellence (eCOE), and Corporate Engineering Council (CEC) teams to deliver common, next generation agile processes and tools across the engineering lifecycle. Serve as a catalyst managing Lab environments to drive consistent delivery of innovate, secure and cost effective services and solutions for program, proposal, SIL, IR&D Labs that facilitate customer mission success.
* Key interface with MS leadership team to optimize Engineering strategies in support of sector goals and objectives. This includes proposal and program support to drive innovate, secure and cost effective Lab services and solutions
* Develop & maintain rolling 5 year Engineering Anywhere and Lab transformation strategy that includes ROI/business value propositions
* Standardization, management and oversite of all program Labs for both unclassified and classified environments in San Diego; provide leadership to ensure industrial/cyber security compliance per contract requirements (Risk Management Framework, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171, etc.)
* Collaborate with eCOE and CEC to deliver, promote and govern the use of standardized design rules, processes/playbooks, best practices, and training across NGC for core engineering practice areas and product lines
* Drive Sector/Enterprise Services initiatives and common solution delivery (e.g., Engineering Anywhere - Work to the People, SIPRNet Café, NGPCN, NGRN, NIPRNet) in support of unclassified and classified Lab environments
* Deliver secure virtual cloud based engineering Agile DevOps (Atlassian, Jira, Confluence, BitBucket, Jenkins, SonarQube, etc.) integrated solution capabilities to program Lab environments
* Bachelor's degree with 14 years of relevant professional experience; or Master's degree with 12 years of relevant experience. An additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
* Demonstrated experience in program management, analysis, planning, presentation and human relations' skills are required
* Demonstrated experience working with matrixed and virtual teams. Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communications skills
* Demonstrated experience developing and implementing common engineering processes and systems
* Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and maintaining secure engineering Lab environments
* Must be flexible and demonstrate strong judgment/decision-making skills, and business acumen
* Active DOD Secret Clearance
* Expertise in program management, analysis, planning, presentation and human relations' experience supporting engineering and leadership teams
* Expertise developing and implementing long range strategic (LRSP) and annual operating plans (AOP)
* Expertise planning and managing Engineering/Information Systems budgets (zero cost pool and service center)
* Expertise implementing business process improvement and automation techniques (e.g., Agile, Six Sigma and Lean)
* Expertise designing, implementing and managing secure Lab environment solutions that meet Risk Management Framework, NIST 800-53, NIST 800-171 contract requirements
* Experience in designing, implementing and managing systems that automate engineering, manufacturing, business, quality and program management processes (e.g., ERP, PLM, DevOps, MES. Quality management systems)
* Ability to be obtain and maintain TS/SCI Clearances
* Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.