At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Sr. Principal Electronics Engineer with a focus on enterprise level hardware architecture, network engineering, and Information Technology Systems Engineering. This position will be located in San Diego, CA.
This role will have enterprise influence that encompasses Hardware Design, but also all of the other Electronics & Payloads disciplines on the program. The candidate should be a self-starter and will be responsible for working with senior engineers and team leads to design and update detailed system architecture documentation, system requirements, and contribute to briefings on software/hardware systems for complex secure IT systems.
* Developing and releasing engineering documentation for a detailed system/network architecture and requirements
* Executing engineering projects on schedule
* Collaborate with other engineers to architect a system to meet design requirements and the needs of all stakeholders
* Good planning, coordination, and documentation skills
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and a minimum of 9 years of STEM related experience OR Master's Degree and 7 years of STEM related experience.
* Willingness to travel approximately 25% within Southern California.
* Position requires and an active in-scope DoD Top Secret clearance within 5 years of last investigation and the ability to be accessed to a Special Access Program.
* Current Special Program Access
* Experienced and demonstrable systems engineering.
* Microsoft Visio and other Office products to clearly express engineering documentation.
* Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) Routing & Switching and/or Cisco Certified Design Professional or Expert (CCDP or CCDE).
* Familiarity with implementing and troubleshooting multiple dynamic routing protocols such as RIPv2, OSPF, EIGRP, and or BGP.
* Familiarity with implementing and troubleshooting QoS.
Experience with the following technologies also desired but not required:
* Microsoft Operating Systems, Active Directory, Storage Fibre Channel networks, Layer 2 and 3 networking, VPN, IPSec, Storage technologies, UNIX, Linux, familiarity with software development technologies like Glassfish and Docker, Virtualization, Physical and Cyber Security.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.