Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all the while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman may be the place for you.
As a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to customers worldwide, Northrop Grumman offers an extraordinary portfolio of capabilities and technologies. Here at Northrop Grumman we are comprised of professionals that bring different perspectives, are curious about the world, accepting of each other, and understand that the more ideas, backgrounds, and experiences we bring to our work then the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our talented workforce we look for professionals that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Principal Database Administrator to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals located in Palmdale, Ca. The selected candidate will implement and maintain smooth operation and physical design of databases. Conducts performance tuning of indexes and databases in general. Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements. Maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization. May develop stored procedures and/or triggers.
* 8 years with Bachelors' Degree or 6 years with Masters' degree. Relevant experience may be substituted in lieu of a degree
* Experience with Oracle Database
* Experience working with PL/SQ.
* Experience with MS Access-based applications and VBA
* Applicants must be willing to work a flexible work schedule that may include extended shifts, holidays, and weekends and support on call status for 24 hours-a-day, 7 days-a-week, 365 days a year.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain a valid U.S. passport, accept customer furnished quarters for a period up to 120 days away from primary work location and comply with mobility requirements.
* Applicants must meet medical requirements for worldwide travel, which include a physical.
* Candidate must possess an active DoD Top Secret security clearance and be able to maintain that clearance and has the ability to obtain and retain Special Program access clearance within 365 days from submission.
* Experience with Oracle in Windows environments
* Experience with Sunflower Asset Management Database
* Experience with the installation, configuration, and upgrading Oracle databases
* Familiarity with Python, PERL, and/or Java a plus
* Security Certification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for this position.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.