At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on groundbreaking systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join efforts to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable commitment to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
As a leader, you always act with integrity, and the highest ethical standards characterize everything you do. You enable your team to achieve predictable and balanced results, while satisfying the needs of internal and external partners. You treat all people with respect, and model personal growth and continuous development. You know how to build an inclusive environment that attracts, retains, and inspires a diverse and engaged team. You build trusted and valued customer relationships and communicate effectively, so that people throughout the organization feel engaged and connected to their work. You deliver excellence, strive for continuous improvement and respond vigorously to change. You ensure that your team has the information and tools needed to perform at their best. You demonstrate our committed pursuit of applying innovation to meet the requirements of our customer. You create and execute strategies that result in sustainable value creation that delivers measurable results.
If this is you…keep reading!
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking candidates with outstanding leadership skills who would be responsible for managing personnel in the Model-Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) group reporting directly to the System Engineering department manager. The MBSE group is responsible for using model-based systems engineering approaches, languages, processes and tools throughout the program lifecycle in the development of system CONOPS, requirements, design, implementation, testing, verification, and validation. This group also supports the integration of lifecycle system models to support mission and system level analysis and trade studies and System Knowledge Integration of MBSE Practices with Agile. Position is located in Palmdale, CA for the PAICoE Systems Engineering Directorate.
Role and Responsibilities
* Perform resource planning and staffing; employee development, including skills training and career support; performance management, including employee goal setting, performance appraisals and issue resolution (engineering personnel that range in grade from engineer 1 to 5 level)
* MBSE Section Manager ensures their employees are familiar with and use required engineering processes and tools.
* Responsibilities also include day-to-day operation of the functional organization; including employee resources among programs and resolving critical/urgent program/technical issues; establishes decision required escalation and resources required for resolution.
* Candidates should be overall system/big picture thinkers with desire for continuous growth in systems engineering and technical management.
* The MBSE Section Manager is a dual-hat Engineering Manager responsible for both section management (up to 20% of time) and existing program or other responsibilities (80% or more of time)
* Excellent communication, mentoring, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with senior management, peers, and employees.
Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our "Selecting the Best Qualified Managers" video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo.
* Must have Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) degree or related technical field.
* Bachelor's Degree with Minimum 10 years or 8 years with a Master's Degree and experience directly related to System Engineering Architecture
* B-2 Program Security Requirements:
Candidate must have an active DoD Secret and a background investigation within the scope of five years. Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain all required security clearances and program specific accesses.
* Master's Degree in STEM; preferred System Engineering, Technical Management or related technical field.
* Proven working knowledge of System Engineering Architecture utilizing MBSE Practices
* Experience with MBE and MBSE, development, and verification
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.