The Staff Consultant is a member of a select consulting team committed to a program at Deltek for our Costpoint product. Within this program, you will focus on training in GCS to Costpoint and Costpoint Quick Start implementation projects. As a Staff Consultant, Deltek will provide you with extensive training on Deltek products, consulting best practices, and the implementation process, as well as mentorship and shadowing of senior team members. This is a revenue-generating position with individual performance results tied to utilization and other internal and external performance metrics.
As a Staff Consultant, you will:
* Assist Deltek clients with implementation services to successfully transition from GCS or other accounting systems and configure and setup Costpoint.
* Understand industry accounting principles and their application to the Deltek Costpoint product line.
* Learn Deltek products, and keep apprised of new products and enhancements to existing products.
* Present essential concepts of Deltek's product line via scheduled classes, Web/Teleconferencing or one-on-one consulting.
* Assess and make recommendations for business process workflow design or re-design to client and Deltek implementation delivery directors.
* Under specific direction, programs or configures; tests, documents, and implements systems and/or software, applying DGC project and consulting methods and processes.
* Work within budget and time frame requirements for completion of each project.
* Display excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with clients and co-workers, including the ability to communicate effectively and remain calm and courteous under pressure.
* Must be able to travel up to 100% of the time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* Due to the nature of work being performed in this role, US Citizenship is required.
* Must have strong Accounting skills
* Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related program from four-year college or university with coursework in Accounting.
* 1+ years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Intermediate to advanced understanding of, or experience with, accounting principles, project cost accounting, human resource management or project management.
* Knowledge of ERP software is not required but beneficial.
* Software knowledge should include the following: Windows, MS Office Suite.
* Any Windows-based accounting or Salesforce experience is beneficial.
Has advanced computer skills including the ability to enter database information, create presentations, and preserve/backup important data.
Deltek provides enterprise software, ERP (enterprise resource planning) and information business solutions for services firms and government contractors.