About Blackhawk Network
Blackhawk Network delivers branded payment programs to meet our partners' business objectives. We collaborate with our partners to innovate, translating market trends in branded payments to increase reach, loyalty and revenue. With a presence in over 26 countries, we reliably execute branded payment programs in over 100 countries worldwide. Join us as we shape the future of global branded payments.
Blackhawk is headquartered in Pleasanton, California. For more information, please visit blackhawknetwork.com.
The Business Intelligence and Reporting Product Management team at Blackhawk is transforming and growing at a fast pace and we're looking for an enthusiastic, self-driven Technical Product Manager to shape BHN's Core Analytics & Reporting technology group and define new products and features.
The BI team is at the core of building and integrating modern data and automation platform capabilities for Blackhawk. We are in the process of transforming our data platform to being highly scalable & reliable in order to enable and support self-service analytics for multiple teams and other engineering organizations within the company.In this role, you will own the execution and successful completion of complex and strategic programs within the Bigdata platform. You will establish strong partnerships within BHN product, sales, Accounting and marketing teams. You are not afraid to roll up your sleeves, learn new technologies, explore data and provide the needed balance between technical resources and business leaders. You must have a passion and strong understanding of how Data and associated analytics can influence and provide value to our internal analytics community. You'll collaborate with technical and non-technical product/business teams to deliver the best data and user experience with the most efficient use of resources and technologies in Bigdata & cloud computing. You will assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make trade-offs, balance business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk-taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
* Build, develop and manage the product roadmap for data services and features
* Lead Blackhawk towards data democratization and self-service capabilities
* Manage from concept to launch, collaborating with internal experts and clients to produce intelligent and insightful products and create holistic solutions partnering with technical program managers and engineers to deliver on product roadmap.
* Own the launch and release plans, collaborating with Account Managers, Marketing, Accounting and Sales to ensure proper prioritization of product features
* Create features, write user stories and maintain a healthy backlog of items to be worked on
* Leverage deep understanding of competitive landscape to identify distinctive advantages and apply them in our solutions
* Write detailed feature specifications based on product requirements and communicate the requirements to all stakeholders
* Translate application specific complex problems into generic product designs that satisfy multiple use cases
* Lead the efforts in defining the core Data Lake platform at BHN with scalable features that will support enterprise reporting, dashboards and analytics
* Work with development teams through design, testing and product release. Ensure development is on track and meets requirements. Ensure documentation and other release artifacts are ready in time for product release deadlines.
* Plan for data migration of reports from existing BI platform onto the newly built Data Lake platform
* Demonstrate flexibility and the ability to adapt to change
* BA/BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience.
* Min 10 - 12 years with 8 + years Enterprise Data Management , 5 years Product Management experience in managing end to end product launches
* Strong knowledge of and significant experience with enterprise BI system and process.
* Knowledge and practical experience with relational databases, data warehousing, reporting and data mining
* Strong understanding of big data platforms (Hadoop, Redshift, etc.) and ETL processes, and familiarity with SQL
* Experience in using BI and Visualization tools like Microstrategy, Power BI, Qlik
* Experience in analyzing system integrations, and preferably integrations using APIs and ETLs.
* Experience in assessing and anticipating end user requirements to incorporate into the product design
* Excellent problem-solving skills and orientation to details
* Positive attitude and a collaborative approach
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Excellent organizational and analytical skills with strong technical abilities
* Team player who is adaptable in a high-growth, rapidly changing environment; able to manage and influence others in a matrixed environment.
* Experience with agile methodology, writing user stories, maintain backlog etc.
* Experience with building out a Data Lake platform
About BlackHawk Network
Blackhawk is a leading prepaid payment network utilizing proprietary technology to offer a broad range of prepaid gift, telecom and debit cards, in physical and electronic forms.