Mantech International Corporation
Secure our Nation, Ignite your Future
Entering ManTech's 50th year, we hold the distinct honor of being named a "Top 100 Global Technology Company" by Thomson Reuters. We have earned this and many other accolades over the years for our dedication to serving the missions of our nation's most important customers: U.S. Intelligence, Defense and Federal Civilian agencies. All know us as a trusted partner offering best-in-class solutions in cyber, data collection & analytics, enterprise IT, and systems and software engineering tailored to meet their specific requirements.
Become an integral part of a diverse team in the Mission, Cyber and Intelligence Solutions (MCIS) Group. Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, mission oriented Sr. Systems Engineer, in the Herndon, VA area, with strong Customer relationships. At ManTech, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The Innovative Security Solutions (ISS) Division provides cyber solutions to a wide range of Defense and Intelligence Community customers. This division consists of a team of technical leaders that deliver advanced technical solutions to government organizations. Our customers have high standards, are technically adept, and use our products daily to support their mission of protecting national security. Our contributions to our customer's success is driving our growth.
A qualified Sr. Systems Engineer will help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. In addition, a Sr. Systems Engineer will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Managing and monitoring all installed systems and infrastructure.
* Installing, configuring, testing and maintaining operating systems, application software and system management tools.
* Ensuring the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
* Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure.
* Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools.
* Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability.
* Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes.
* Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies.
* Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
* Participate in the design of information and operational support systems.
* Provide 2nd and 3rd level support.
* Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution.
Security Clearance Requirement:
Active/current TS/SCI with CI Polygraph is required.
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, and 16+ years of relevant experience.
* Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX /Linux based environments.
* Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX).
* Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box).
* Experience with monitoring systems.
* Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, Ansible, Chef).
* Solid scripting skills (e.g., shell scripts, Perl, Ruby, Python).
* Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP).
ManTech International Corporation, as well as its subsidiaries proactively fulfills its role as an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, status as a Disabled Veteran, Recently Separated Veteran, Active Duty Wartime or Campaign Badge Veteran, Armed Forces Services Medal, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a position with ManTech through its online applicant system, please contact ManTech's Corporate EEO Department at (703) 218-6000. ManTech is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer - minorities, females, disabled and protected veterans are urged to apply. ManTech's utilization of any external recruitment or job placement agency is predicated upon its full compliance with our equal opportunity/affirmative action policies. ManTech does not accept resumes from unsolicited recruiting firms. We pay no fees for unsolicited services.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation please click firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your name and contact information.
About Mantech International Corporation
ManTech International Corporation provides technologies, consulting services and solutions for mission-critical national security programs.
Mantech International Corporation