Raytheon delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. Our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
* Full-time * Entry to Senior level * Glassdoor 2017 Best Places to Interview: Candidate's Choice
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
What does it take to be successful at Raytheon? Check out these traits to see if you have the right mix.
* Adaptable * Challenge status quo * Communication skills * Eager to learn * Emotional Intelligence * Influential * Innovative * Leadership traits * Problem solver * Team player
We hire people who want to make the world a safer place.
Back to Job Navigation (Success)
At Raytheon, I get to work with some of the smartest minds and coolest technologies on a daily basis. What more can I ask for?
- Shirali Patel Trending
* Raytheon: Bright Future in Aurora
* Raytheon Secures Every Side of Cyber
Back to Job Navigation (Trending)
* 401(k) / Retirement Plans
Employer Matching, if you elect to enroll company matches up to 3%.
* Work / Life Balance
Raytheon appreciates work/life balance. Employees can work 9 hours a day every week and received every other Friday off, as long as departmental/manager approval is obtained. Accrued paid time off monthly and paid holiday time.
* Career Development
At Raytheon, we foster an inclusive culture of professional development. We support a variety of developmental opportunities including: Mentoring programs, Skills Development, Leadership Development, Rotational job assignments, and Continuous Improvement, all of which contribute to advancement of our employee's capabilities.
* Paid Time Off
Accrue paid time off monthly. Receive 12 holidays per year including the week between Christmas and New Year's Day.
* Relocation Assistance
Select technical positions are eligible for relocation packages. See specific job description for eligibility requirements.
* Parental Leave
Raytheon offers all eligible employees up to three weeks paid parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child (separate from paid maternity leave or Family & Medical Leave Act).
Back to Job Navigation (Rewards)
Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail. Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you've even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems.
Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space. We are actively seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We're looking for you.
The Systems Engineering and Integration Test Center (SEIT) is seeking strong, technically sound engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative, cost-effective solutions for Electro-optical Infrared (EO/IR), ground systems, and/or mission control systems. The successful candidate will be a member of the National Space Systems Department and will be a technical lead providing engineering guidance as part of the Systems Engineering Integrated Product Team (IPT) on a program. This position will require proactive interaction and collaboration with personal from several functional disciplines including electrical engineering, opto-mechanical engineering, and systems engineering.
This Position is Based in Denver, Colorado with 50% or more time at El Segundo, California. Applicant must be willing to travel to El Segundo.
* 6+ years of systems engineering experience * Demonstrated engineering leadership experience in the range of systems engineering process, including requirements development, allocation, and verification * Technical experience with EO/IR systems * Experience with requirements development, maintenance, and management through the use of DOORS requirement database management tool * U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems. * Active SSBI Security Clearance REQUIRED Day 1 AND role requires access to US only data * U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment.
* Experience in Space Systems * Experience with coordinating and facilitating Engineering Review Boards (ERB) * Programming experience in a language such as DOORS eXtension Language (DXL) to develop DOORS scripts * Demonstrated problem solving, organization, coordination, and planning skills * Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills to enable effective personal interaction and collaboration with a multi-discipline team * Demonstrated proficiency in analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication capability, and ability to work in an integrated product team environment * Experience in the support of preparing management level briefings and summary explanations * Knowledge of environmental test methods and practices * Demonstrated ability to perform test equipment trouble-shooting and failure diagnosis with directly-relevant experience * Proficient in Matlab, C++, Python, Labview or related programming languages * Technical Pblications and/or Patents
* Bachelor's Dgree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM), or Master's Degree in relevant field with 6 years of Engineering experience
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.