The Space and Airborne Systems Division (SAS), Systems Verification Center (SVC) engineering organization is seeking current and future engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative and cost-effective Test and Evaluation solutions. Our world-class Radar product-line portfolio satisfies a diverse group of civilian and government customers, each with its own challenging mission objectives and capability needs spanning ground, airborne, and space platform applications.
The candidate will work with the IPT Lead, interact with other engineering disciplines, report to line management supervisors, and work with experts in various disciplines (e.g. manufacturing, supply chain, quality, specialty engineering, etc.) in the requirement flowdown, integration, verification, and test of the radar systems.
Responsibilities and opportunities include, but are not limited to:
* Radar system integration lab/test equipment set up and operations
* Execution of System Integration and Test, Field/Site Support, and Flight Testing
* Development of subsystem and system emulators/simulators solutions (software and hardware)
* Radar System requirement flowdown
* Radar System test procedure development
* Data reduction and analysis
* Architecture and implementation of test solutions for System Integration Labs (SIL)
* 6 years of Engineering experience with a BS Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline.
* Experience in preparing and executing integration, verification and validation
* Must be able to perform shift work and occasionally work weekends
* Clearance required day 1 AND role requires access to US only data
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will require the ability to access US only data systems.
* Active DoD Secret Clearance with the ability to obtain special access clearance(s)
* his position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorizations
* An integrated software and hardware skill-set preferably with an emphasis on application to the test and evaluation environment.
* Active DoD Top Secret Clearance with ability to obtain Special Access Program (SAP) clearances.
* Experience in the development and delivery of Radar Systems and technologies
* Knowledge of engineering development life cycle events (PDR, CDR, Test Readiness Reviews), requirements flow-down and traceability.
* Experience with prototype hardware integration, flight hardware integration, software integration, independent verification and validation, system acceptance testing, test data analysis, test program definition, and test procedure generation
* Radar System Integration Labs (RSIL) experience.
* Strong team player, have effective verbal and written communication skills, demonstrate good interpersonal skills
* Earned Value Management
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Math, Computer Science or related discipline.
* Advanced degrees in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics or other related technical field.
NOTE: This position and any other subsequent offers made are contingent upon contract award.
139647 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Secret - Current
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.