How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon is seeking an experienced and cleared Applications Developer Programmer
* Analyzes functional business applications and design specifications for functional activities
* Develops codes, tests, and debugs new software or enhancements to existing software
* Performs maintenance on existing software products and contributes knowledge of business applications
* Writes programs according to specifications needed.
* Works with technical staff to understand problems had with software and then resolve them
* Resolves customer complaints and responds to suggestions for improvements and enhancements
* Develops block diagrams and logic flow charts
* Provides technical direction to programmers to ensure program deadlines are met
* Software version control baseline documentation
* Develop project schedules, timelines
* Leverage experience across the Center, Group and external offices
* Coordinate with Customer's security elements for Project Certification and Accreditation
* Strong understanding of web-based email application development
* Excellent understanding of Secure/Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions (SMIME) implementation
* Ability to effectively manage several projects simultaneously in a rapidly paced environment
* Working knowledge of Customers official messaging system
* Ability to design/deliver customer web-based email client and server applications
* Excellent understanding of communications/email protocol API implementation
* Working knowledge of Customer's organization, internal policies, and processes
* Ability to implement business process and workflow into custom email applications
* Excellent knowledge of Customer's software development cycle and O&M processes
* Knowledge of PKI key and LDAP implementation
* Ability to interface web application with remote relational database infrastructure
* Knowledge of Sharepoint, experience with developing within this environment/platform
* Willing to "go the extra mile" ensuring that time critical requirements are met.
* Prior experience working with multiple IC organizations
* Ability to work as part of a team of very strong personalities in a very dynamic environment
* Highly mission-oriented
* Previous Overseas Travel
* Ruby, JAVA,C++
Potential for up to 10% CONUS travel, as required.
Potential for up to 10% CONUS travel, as required. 133606BR 133606
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated approximately $6 billion in 2016 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - Herndon
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.