Raytheon BBN Technologies is one of Raytheon's premier research and development centers. Our diverse research portfolio combines the best technologies to deliver innovative, custom solutions with real-world benefit.
At BBN, you might create or investigate new types of cyber physical systems, investigate the emerging "Internet of Things," implement unique mission applications for software-defined radios, devise creative ways to analyze, interpret, and display large multi-dimensional data sets, create innovative solutions using off-the shelf consumer electronics, develop next-generation capabilities for privacy/anonymity and identity control, or even disassemble and analyze a complex embedded system. Although the work changes from one project to the next, it's always challenging, and it always makes a difference.
All of the research at BBN-from embedded computing devices to the "Internet of Things"-is funded by customers who rely on us for solutions. If you are a problem solver, someone who likes to take things apart to see how they work, who enjoys inventing things, and who has the passion, drive, and creativity to shape future technologies, BBN might be a great fit for you!
We offer competitive salaries, great benefits, flexible work hours, the opportunity to work on multiple projects, and ample training opportunities.
Required skills & Education:
* BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or other relevant field 0 to 2 years of work experience.
* Development experience using C, C++, Python & or Java
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Solid and creative programming skills
* Designing and developing unique combined hardware and software systems
* Experience with sensors, actuators, control systems and systems that touch the physical world
* U.S. Citizenship is required.
* Embedded systems
* Data science/analytics
* Mesh networking
* Tagging and active tagging technologies
* Rapid manufacturing (including 3D printing)
* System analysis and engineering
* Digital signal processing
* Building devices using consumer electronics (e.g., Android or iOS devices, ARM processors, microcontrollers, Arduino/Raspberry Pi)
* Radio, RF, and antenna design
* Autonomous systems design and development and simulation (e.g. UAV, AUVs, etc.)
* An active DoD Secret clearance or higher is highly desired.
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
141163BR 141163 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
Engineering & Sciences
MA - Cambridge
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.