Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
This position is part of John Hancock Investments.
* Create ETL solutions for John Hancock Investments using Informatica PowerCenter;
* Design and develop data/business validation rules and processes using Informatica Data Quality (IDQ);
* Follow Informatica workflow and data mapping standards, reuse concepts and best practices in design and development;
* Collaborate with business partners to analyze business requirements, create and document technical design, and implement solutions;
* Ensure data quality standards are maintained during ETL process design and implementation;
* Perform ETL job optimization for performance and throughput, troubleshooting, and debugging;
* Ensure overall code quality and perform peer code reviews;
* Design and document ETL test plans for unit testing and integration testing;
* Assist with designing and documenting operational procedures related to ETL processes;
* Accountable for technical development aspects and delivery;
* Lead the development, unit/integration testing, and implementation of business applications in an Agile Release train;
* Analyze business requirements and develop design specifications for complete business solutions of moderate to high complexity;
* Act as the technical lead responsible for development, unit and integration testing, and implementation of business solutions;
* Identify opportunities for optimizing cross-team effectiveness within the Agile Release Train;
* Develop and enforce John Hancock Investments development standards and practices that are adhered to by the development team, i.e. coding, code management, and documentation;
* Develop strong technical application and product knowledge across the Investment portfolio;
* Evaluate vendor solutions and work with vendors as necessary; and
* Provide guidance to onshore, offshore, and near shore development service providers.
* Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Information Systems, Electrical Engineering, or closely related field and 5 years of work experience in the technical field.
Experience must include:
* 5 years of experience with ETL and database tools;
* 5 years of experience with Informatica performance tuning;
* 4 years of experience working with Relational Databases;
* 1 year of experience with IDQ implementation; and
* 1 year of experience with building Unit Test cases.
Experience may be gained concurrently.
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of March 31, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$849 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Manulife is a financial services company providing financial advice, insurance, and wealth and asset management solutions.