Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work on some of the most cutting-edge technologies in the industry and fun doing it? Do you want to be part of the business process automation landscape?
Then this opportunity is for you!
Here at Manulife/John Hancock, we're looking for a Deskside Incident Manager to work out of our Boston office as part of our Enterprise Technology Solutions team! This is a people management position and our ideal candidate will have very recent Deskside Incident management experience.
The key requirements are technical skill in deskside services (PC/Laptop troubleshooting, Enterprise Infrastructure knowledge: Network/Service/Storage/Etc.) in addition to people management skills in an organization of similar size, e.g. Fortune 500.
About Enterprise Technology Solutions:
ETS is comprised of just over 950 employees from over 14 countries who provide technical services and products across Manulife and John Hancock. ETS mission is to deliver exceptional experiences through innovative and dependable technology. Infrastructure is an important part of team's responsibilities, and they also support and lead:
* Security Platforms & Operations
* Network & Telecommunications
* Data Centre facilities
* Computing platforms - cloud & on-premise storage
* End user services - help desk, deskside support
* End user technology - software distribution, hardware endpoint management, patching
* Business relationship support - process, knowledge and demand management
* OaaS, PaaS technologies
* Manage incident communication with Incident Managers, Senior Management, and Deskside Teams while conducting problem coordination, analysis, and resolution
* Works with teams to drive incident issue resolution and captures root cause
* Manage and deliver Incident Management Service Level Attainment with Deskside Incident Team across North America
* Responsible for executing technical and business projects across multiple stakeholders; developing analysis to support process and project improvements
* Responsible for creating, reviewing and implementing process for North American teams
* Prepares management reports
* Manages vendor within defined contract parameters
* Possesses leadership and coaching skills to build High Performing teams
* Coordinates across senior stakeholders to resolve complex issues spanning many groups
* Executes on strategic resource planning, drives management activities
* Coaches technology teams and leaders
* Drives and enables the success of a team
* Removes barriers in complex situations to enable team to deliver
* Exhibits Customer Service Excellence
* Demonstrates understanding of how technology supports Manulife's End User Community
* Strong detail orientation
* Presentation skills geared to audience i.e. Senior Mgmt.
* Facilitation and problem solving
* Awareness of full-technology stack
* Navigates cross team structures well using understanding of teams, cultures, and broader company
* Applies external best practices to issues at hand to bring innovation to solutions
* Deep interpersonal skills
* Deep conflict resolution skills
* Able to work across teams to drive best outcomes
* Solution focused and aligned to outcomes
* Deep working knowledge of internal processes
* Able to work across Project Management and Resource Management to manage complex demands across several groups
* Deep experience in Intake and demand planning
* Always exceeds purpose and quality requirements
* Constantly learns from both success and failure
* Good organizational and problem-solving abilities that enable you to manage through creative abrasion
* Good verbal and written communication; able to effectively articulate technical vision, possibilities, and outcomes
* Able to achieve significantly complex outcomes using own judgement
* Operates autonomously to drive leadership outcomes
* Recruits and hires talent to support teams
* Able to easily adapt and predict changing scope and complex priorities across teams
* Foresees large and small problems in advance and proactively solutions with teams to resolve
* Post-secondary education
* 4 - 8 years Deskside Services IS management, along with experience successfully managing IS areas
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of March 31, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$849 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
About Manulife Financial
Manulife Financial is a financial services company engaged in providing customers with financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions.