Conduent is the world's largest provider of diversified business process services with leading capabilities in transaction processing, automation, analytics and constituent experience. We work with both government and commercial customers in assisting them to deliver quality services to the people they serve.
We manage interactions with patients and the insured for a significant portion of the U.S. healthcare industry. We are the customer interface for large segments of the technology industry and the operational and processing partner of choice for public transportation systems around the world.
Whether it's digital payments, claims processing, benefit administration, automated tolling, customer care or distributed learning - Conduent manages and modernizes these interactions to create value for both our clients and their constituents. Learn more at www.conduent.com.
The Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for monitoring, administrating, planning and engineering of all production systems. The desired candidate will drive complex engineering solutions from design to implementation. As the Sr. Systems Engineer, the candidate will be responsible for ensuring the success of our 24/7/365 operations.
Qualified candidates will possess a minimum of eight years of IT experience with five of those years in the support of a 24/7 mission critical infrastructure or 2000 servers. The candidate must have current knowledge and ability to design, deploy, and manage a heterogeneous Microsoft environment. Expertise in Windows 2008, 2012 Server, VMware ESX, SAN, and SQL Clusters are essential for this position. Cisco networking experience is also highly desired.
The candidate will be required to be on call and may work nights and weekends depending on project priorities and deadlines.
* Design, deploy, and maintain all critical production equipment and services with broad range of technologies and solutions.
* Final escalation point for complex system and network issues.
* Plans and coordinate system outages, maintenance, and off-hours administration while adhering to Change Management control procedures.
* Assist with the design and architecture of load balanced IIS servers in order to achieve maximum performance, scalability, and redundancy.
* Develop capacity management methodologies that are aligned with the business growth trend, accommodate spikes in volume, and ensure continued service without interruption.
* Configure and maintain new and existing VMware ESX HA Server farms.
* Maintain consistency between pre-production and production environments.
* Configure and administer a number of Cisco UCS domains.
* Design, plan, and maintain Microsoft Back Office solutions such as Exchange, SharePoint, and File servers.
* Responsible for deploying and maintaining Development, Staging, and QA environments.
* Work with existing engineers on the maintenance, management, and administration of several Storage Area Networks.
* Work with security engineers to design, deploy, and secure public facing systems such as FTP and Proxy servers.
* Manage and administer production backup systems using Veritas Net Backup.
* Troubleshoot and perform root cause analysis on outages within the production environment and make recommendations for minimizing future occurrences.
* Perform detail monitoring and analysis of critical production systems, gather performance metrics, and make recommendations for software and hardware changes that will improve system stability and performance.
* 8 years of hands on IT experience.
* 5 years working in a business critical 24/7 environment with 2000 servers.
* 5 years of windows based administration role for production systems
* 3 years working with Fiber Channel Storage Area Networks
* 3 years working with VMware ESX in a highly distributed and clustered implementation.
* Deep and relevant understanding of Active Directory, Exchange 2007/2010, MS Clustering, and IIS.
* Demonstrated ability to manage cisco equipment including perimeter routers, core switches, and VLAN configurations.
* Distinct understanding of Fiber Channel, SCSI, iSCSI, RAID, SAS, and other storage technologies.
* Experience with Citrix and Netscaler
* Familiar with Software Development Life Cycle, Change Management, and ITIL processes.
* Experienced with working in a SaaS (Software as a Service) or web hosting infrastructure using IIS and industry grade hardware load balancers.
* Demonstrated ability to manage projects and to deliver them on time and with quality.
* Familiar with SCCM/SCOM, and Microsoft Orchestrator
* Ability to work effectively and independently in an environment with multiple projects, tight resources, and shifting priorities.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work closely and efficiently with other departments.
* Must be self-motivated, self-starter, and professional - no exceptions.
* Occasionally travel to an out of state data center facility to perform routine hardware maintenance and upgrades.
* Be available for 24/7 support.
* Must consent to, and successfully clear all required pre-employment screenings
* Must be currently eligible to work for any employer in the USA
NOTE: This position is not eligible for relocation-related reimbursements.
* Experience working in a business critical 24/7 environment delivering applications via Software as a Service (SaaS).
* NetApp/Compellent Storage Systems.
* VMware Infrastructure
* Knowledge of ITIL process for incidents, problems and change.
* BIG-IP LTM F5 load Balancers.
* Cisco UCS
* Microsoft SQL Server 2014 clusters.
* Enterprise network monitoring tools.
* PowerShell/Scripting experience.
* Active Directory
* SCCM/SCOM, Microsoft Orchestrator
* SSAE-16 and other regulatory audits and compliance.
* BS or BA degree preferred but not required.
Conduent is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, gender expression, sex/gender, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, medical condition, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply for or compete for employment with Conduent may request such accommodation(s) by clicking on the following link, completing the accommodation request form, and submitting the request by using the "Submit" button at the bottom of the form. For those using Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox please download the form first: click here to access or download the form. '1899911
Conduent is a provider of diversified business process services with capabilities in digital processing, automation, and analytics.