Sr. Specialist Project/Program Manager->> Leads and provides some direction and guidance for a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure that projects are completed on time, within budget and to client specifications. Manages and oversees the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of medium to high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Directs and controls all work performed within the framework of the Work Structure. Develops detailed project plans and schedules application/infrastructure projects, including goals, risks and resource allocation. Monitors project results for significant deviations. Manages vendor and client relations to ensure that service expectations are developed and met. Maintains regular contact with clients and coordinates and reports on project progress and accomplishments. May provide input for (project) team member performance appraisals. Works with all required Information Technology functions and groups to effectively plan and execute the project. May coordinate resources across organizational boundaries. Serves as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Manages communication with the business at a detailed functional level and discusses/resolves issues. Manages client expectations and ensures project delivery in conformance with company software development life cycle methodologies. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
* Leads a wide array of activities associated with project planning and management to ensure security projects and services are completed on time, within budget and to specifications
* Assists the Program manager in end-to-end project management activities: reporting, planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation
* Collects and defines business requirements and functional specifications for medium to large sized projects
* Translates requirements into functional design, test planning, and user documentation processes
* Gathers and analyzes information and contributes assisting in recommendations to address and resolve cyber risk issues for a specific business group
* Applies experiences with existing cyber risk technology processes to develop better processes to be used in the future. Actively influences process improvement initiatives
* Provides technical consultation concerning business implications of cyber security risk remediation projects
* Participates in solution and/or systems design/ prototyping, construction and testing of new or enhanced applications and/or systems. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives
* Contributes to the effectiveness of security-related operations and assists with onboarding, maintenance and issue escalations associated to that security service
* Reviews and analyzes data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations, produces reports, analyses, findings, etc.
* Assists as liaison between business and internal technical teams
* Contributes to managing communication with businesses at a detailed functional level and review/resolve program/project issues
Experience in Cybersecurity Operations, preferably within a security operations center
Working understanding of software development life cycle models as well as knowledge of both Agile and traditional project management principles and practices is requiredExtensive experience with specific methods, tools and techniques for clearly defining and documenting client needs and associated requirementsPrevious experience with shared technology services initiatives and the ability to contribute to the effectiveness of security-related operations would be a plus, although not requiredMust be able to analyze client requirements, monitor project progress, identify potential roadblocks and keep projects on trackMust also have prior lead experience producing detail-level functional or operational requirement documentation and conducting inspections of required documents and quality reviewsProficient / advanced user of Microsoft Office productsAdvanced use of Microsoft Project is requiredWorking knowledge of HPE PPM (Project and Portfolio Management) is beneficialBasic understanding of Atlassian Jira is beneficialExperienced in compiling large and complex spreadsheets including reporting (e.g. pivots, charting etc.) Highly organized with the ability to understand and communicate information Strong verbal and written communication skillsExperience of technology risk management is a plus
Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is beneficial, 8 - 10 years of related project management experience required, experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45163
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1907388
About Bny Mellon
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (also known as BNY Mellon) is an investment company that provides investment management, investment services, and wealth management.