Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation
The Bank has established a baseline standard for controls, including resolution of security vulnerabilities, which serve to minimize residual cyber risk. Utilizing a risk prioritized approach based upon industry standards (NIST Domains; Identify, Detect, Protect, Respond, and Recover,) the Information Security Cybersecurity Technologies team provides risk mitigation solutions to control breaks, threats, and vulnerabilities. As a Sr. Cybersecurity Engineer in the Cybersecurity Technologies Tools Platform team, you'll provide Splunk data integration and ingestion hands-on-keyboard services, content development assistance and user enablement. You will also be responsible for ensuring that solutions are properly built, integrated, supported, maintained, and upgraded. Furthermore, you will ensure that data lineage engineering is resilient, automated, and optimal. The bank will also count on you to assess, evaluate, research, and take part in new cyber security technology proof of concepts, implementation, and integration into the firm. You will be part of a dynamic and fast paced team working with the latest and exciting Cyber Security technologies with ownership of the technology products from end to end. Responsibilities
* Operate the Bank's enterprise log platform, ensuring the pipeline of key platform and application security logs are on boarded, data model normalized, and flow at optimal health.
* Ensure reliability of the enterprise log platform and automate operational excellence.
* Mentor, coach, and provide guidance to junior team members.
* Develop the necessary engineering documentation, Run books, triage documents necessary for operating the enterprise log platform.
* Ensures log and analytics solutions are engineered according to architecture & design standards.
* Evaluate new technologies in Cybersecurity Technology by conducting proof of concepts and present results of evaluation & recommendation to management.
* Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
* Consults with other IT areas and the businesses and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure.
* Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and met.
* Identify operational roadblocks to ensure timely remediation and countermeasures.
* Works closely with other members of the Information Security organization in a collaborative and goal-oriented manner.
Principal Information Security Analyst->> Consults on a senior level and provides professional support for major components of the company's information security infrastructure. Contributes to the development and implementation of security architecture, standards, procedures and guidelines for multiple platforms in diverse system environments. Consults with the business and operational infrastructure personnel regarding new and existing technologies. Recommends new security tools to management and reports and provides guidance and expertise in their implementation. Reviews and analyzes highly complex data and information to provide insights, conclusions and actionable recommendations. Defines, implements, and applies area-wide security and/or COB policies and standards by leveraging in-depth knowledge of globally accepted information security and/or COB principles. Addresses high risk security concerns or incidents. Recommends course of action to mitigate risk and ensures that appropriate standards are established and published. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred
10-12 years of experience in information security or related technology experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.At least three years of documenting and implementing security policies, standards, and/or controls (experience in gap analysis preferredDemonstrable experience with SPL creation, Splunk knowledge object management, Splunk Knowledge Objects and has developed multiple complex Splunk Dashboards, Reports and Alerts
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45183
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Information Security-HR11724
Requisition Number: 1907807
About Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation
The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation (also known as BNY Mellon) is an investment company that provides investment management, investment services, and wealth management.
Bank Of New York Mellon Corporation