Raytheon BBN Technologies (BBN) is looking for creative, talented individuals to join our world-class Analytics and Machine Intelligence unit and to help us advance the state-of-the-art in our areas of operation. Our work ranges from seminal research and development to advanced fielded solutions. BBN's research team collaborates with universities on a range of cutting edge projects. Our research activities drive the development of industry-leading 24x7 solutions and their deployment into demanding user environments.
We're looking for a Sr. Software Engineer II for a small group devoted to developing and supporting a speech recognition system and related software. A person in this position will work closely with the rest of the group, researchers, and customers.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area and 6 years of relevant experience; Master's degree and 4 years of relevant experience or recently graduated PhD.
* Strong analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
* Strong communicator with demonstrated ability to address customer needs in a dynamic environment
* Can drive the software lifecycle from initial design to working prototype to deploying at production scale collaborative environment
* Experience with RESTful services
* Experience with containerized software for continuous integration, delivery, and deployment via Docker or similar tools
This position requires either (1) US citizenship, (2) Permanent Residency, or (3) other suitable documentation to permit hiring if you are not a US citizen or Permanent Resident.
125584 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
None / Not Required
Natural Language Processing
Type Of Job
MA - Cambridge
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.