Raytheon is supporting a U.S. Government customer on a large mission critical development and sustainment program to design, build, deliver, and operate a network operations environment, including introducing new cyber capabilities to address emerging threats. Raytheon Cybersecurity and Special Missions (CSM) is seeking a Hadoop/ELK Systems Administrator to support the design, development, and deployment of advanced cybersecurity capabilities.
The Hadoop/ELK Sys Admin applies expert knowledge in Big Data technologies for infrastructure support to an advanced cybersecurity environment. Works with a team of highly skilled administrators to provide senior level administrative functions for a primarily Linux environment. Responsibilities include installing, upgrading, and maintaining Big Data infrastructures to include Elastic, Logstash, Kibana, and Hadoop.
* Must be a US Citizen
* Active Top Secret (TS) clearance. Must be able to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
* Must be able to obtain DHS Suitability
* 6+ years of directly relevant systems administration experience
* Proficiency in system administration of message pipelines
* At least 2 years of experience as a Linux system administrator
* Expert knowledge of Hadoop and Elastic architecture
* Experience installing, upgrading, and maintaining large Hadoop clusters
* Experience using Ambari to manage Hadoop Cluster
* Knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Development (CI/CD) frameworks
* Knowledge and understanding of operating systems, networks and services.
* Manage changes to system and assesses the security impact of those changes.
* Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
* Good communication skills including preparing and presenting results, findings and alternatives and influencing management decision making based on the best available data
* RHEL 7
Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or related technical field. Two years of related work experience may be substituted for each year of degree level education.
Strongly Desired Certifications:
* Elastic certifications
* Hadoop certifications
142379 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.