SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
SR. SECURITY SOFTWARE ENGINEER
SpaceX is seeking technical, passionate engineers to build security solutions for some of the world's most advanced technologies including: rockets, satellite constellations, ISP platforms, ground stations, and communication networks. We are looking for people who see the big picture, prioritize accordingly, and are comfortable with working at different levels of abstraction, and with a wide variety of technology.
Ideally, you will have notable skills in one or more of the following: red teaming, penetration testing, implementing advanced security technologies such as Secure Boot, or software engineering. Being flexible, communicating clearly, and establishing and maintaining productive working relationships with other engineering teams are paramount to success. If you love using your technical skills to solve challenging problems and want to make a great impact, then join SpaceX to be among the first to secure some of the world's most innovative technologies.
* Work with engineering teams to design security into systems and drive security reviews
* Participate in Red Team exercises on the attack side
* Catalyze security improvements that matter
* Investigate technologies that could qualitatively improve security posture
* Build prototypes and production systems
* Develop and deploy tools to assist in modeling, analysis, detection, and prevention of security threats
* Threat modeling, mitigation, validation, including software and hardware penetration testing
* Bachelor's or advanced degree in a technical or engineering discipline + 5 years of security software experience; or 8+ years of security software experience without a degree
* Experience designing and implementing security solutions for operating systems, distributed systems, and/or firmware/IoT devices
* Experience in at least one of the following disciplines: red teaming, penetration testing, implementing advanced security technologies such as Secure Boot, or software engineering
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
* Fundamental understanding of network protocols; including the TCP/IP stack as well as UDP based protocols
* Ability to analyze and design secure network architecture and communications protocols
* Experience in navigating large, complex, interactive and/or distributed systems
* Experience with fuzzing, buffer overflows, and other common exploits
* Experience identifying and mitigating a range of security vulnerabilities
* Experience with implementing or breaking Secure Boot
* Experience with implementing or breaking secure communication systems
* Experience with disassemblers and/or reverse engineering
* Experience with hardware attacks
* Experience in red teaming as an attacker
* Penetration testing expertise
* Security operations experience
* Able to work on their own with little supervision, in a team, and with other teams and their processes
* Able to establish and maintain good working relationships with colleagues and teams
* Desire and ability to ramp up quickly on new technologies
* Demonstrated skill in hardware and software security
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
* Able to deal with ambiguity
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX is an aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company.