SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
GROUND SYSTEMS INTEGRATION ENGINEER (TOP SECRET CLEARED)
As a member of our Mission Management team, you will help tackle new business proposals from initial requirements verification through prototype development, test, and operational missions. You'll contribute to the performance and execution of satellite programs while specifically focusing on the ground systems that support those programs. Based on customer requirements and SpaceX's system capabilities, you'll develop system specifications and interface control documentation. This work will cover a number of technical disciplines including satellite command and control, operational planning, data processing, networking concepts and technologies, and the secure implementation and execution of each of these discipline areas. Our ideal candidate is a self-starter and is hungry to do work that matters.
* Distill customer requirements into actionable development objectives. * Work with external and internal stakeholders to generate requirements documentation and specifications. Maintain these documents through their lifetime. * Collaborate with subsystem representatives across team boundaries to consider all necessary trades and ensure end-to-end mission success. * Assist with ground segment architecture and design. * Plan for and execute the build-out of accredited and operational systems and facilities supporting space vehicle operations globally. * Assist with the creation and maintenance of project master schedules and regularly report modifications to customers.
* Bachelor's degree in a technical field (e.g. engineering, physics, or math). * At least 2 years of technical project management experience. * At least 2 years of systems-level engineering experience. * 3+ years of experience working hands-on with hardware or software technical projects. * Professional experience working with ground systems for launch or space vehicles.
* Master's degree in an engineering or business field. * Prior experience working on government programs. * Successful experience working across multiple technical and non-technical disciplines in a fast-paced commercial environment. * Experience building and obtaining certification packages for Information Security programs. * Excellent written and verbal communication skills with direct experience negotiating technical deliverables or scope. * Experience working with cross-functional teams and external customers. * Ability to work in a fast-paced, autonomously driven, and demanding start-up atmosphere.
* Active Top Secret or Top Secret SCI clearance. Note that an active clearance may provide the opportunity for you to work on sensitive SpaceX missions. If so, you will be subject to pre-employment drug and random drug and alcohol testing. * Must be available to work extended hours and/or weekends as needed to support critical milestones or operations shifts * Must be willing to travel to other SpaceX offices and customer locations as needed
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX (also known as Space Exploration Technologies) is an aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company.