Electronic Arts (Ea)
Requisition Number: 152373
Position Title: Software Engineer II - Security
Protecting our players and our employees from hacks and attacks is the core focus of the EA Security team - and we love what we do. You have a chance to work in the cutting-edge entertainment company while also driving critical security initiatives for players and employees world-wide.
You will utilize your outstanding engineering skills, communications capabilities, and analytical problem-solving skills in delivering results through collaboration with our EA Security Leadership team, IT and EADP teams, and Game Studio teams. This position reports to the Vice President of Enterprise Security in the EA Security group.
What you will do as a Security Engineer at EA:
You'll make EA a secure place to work and build amazing games. You will be a key member of the EA Enterprise Security team -- the team responsible for the technical strategy for securing all of EA's corporate systems, employees and data; as well as securing the infrastructure used to build amazing games.
The mission of this role will be to directly evolve and manage EA's end point security program, working closely with the EAIT, Site IT, business units such as our Governance team and our Game and Platform Security teams. This role will serve as the engineer for evaluating solutions, deployment, streamlining operations, and ensuring we have an effective way to both gain visibility into possible attacker behavior while also making our endpoint resilient against attack.
The Enterprise Security team is a flexible team, meaning you will also work across the team on other initiatives to include securing source code, cloud workflows, and application security.
* Drive endpoint security across EA to ensuring our Enterprise and Game Dev infrastructure is secure and thus protecting our employees and players
* Execute an End Point security approach that will set standards for secure configs across many device types and ensure they are deployed World Wide.
* Develop creative ways to measure risk of exposure of identities across EA and drive a program to limit impact of the identities with the most access.
* Maintain a strong understanding of secure configuration and endpoint security technology and related security requirements in order to adjust to changing internal and external drivers
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, or other technical major.
* Security experience, leading endpoint security in an IT and/or engineering role.
* Experience securing many device types to include strong Windows Security knowledge, Linux, Mac, and awareness and ability to expand to other types (web server, database, etc.)
* Experience with end point security products to include both traditional AV as well as newer EDR solutions.
* Background provide application security guidance and security design review.
* Proven experience managing security risk identification and remediation processes and procedures, including project planning, deployment, testing and remediation activities.
* Solid understanding of assessing and designing internal controls for information security in an enterprise-level environment.
* Experience in driving security requirements through contractual language and supporting partners with understanding risks related to such contractual clauses.
* Excellent communication skills (both written and oral).
* Demonstrated ability to understand IT and business challenges and comfortable with tackling a risk-based approach to complex compliance issues.
* In-depth knowledge of information security, vulnerability mitigation and conceptual knowledge of exploitation.
* Substantial exposure to cloud security, data processing, hardware platforms, enterprise software applications, and outsourced systems.
* Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
* Must be willing to travel to other EA locations as necessary.
* Strong overall communications, presentation, facilitation and diplomacy skills
* Problem solving skills, ability to prioritize and work independently
* Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
* Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, high volume, deadline-driven environment
* Ability to balance multiple demands and work both independently and as part of a team
* Professionalism in dealing with all levels of management, staff and vendors
* Comfortable with ambiguous problems and independently developing strategy and solutions
* Strong organizational skills
Community / Marketing Title: Sr. Security Engineer - Endpoint
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2018-08-30 21:48:56.48
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Redwood City
Location_formattedLocationLong: Redwood City, California US
About Electronic Arts (Ea)
Electronic Arts is a company that develops, markets, publishes, and distributes games, content, and services for game consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.