Requisition Number: 156369
Position Title: Intern General
Technical Design Intern - DICE LA
We are DICE Los Angeles
Our mission is to create world class entertainment and we work in a manner that is different from the rest of the industry. We believe that our games reflect the means by which they are produced. The ones that are crafted in an inspiring climate have qualities that resonate to gamers. At DICE LA, you will be empowered to have a creative stake in everything you do. We have a studio culture where everyone is a game maker, no matter what they do. We also firmly believe that in order to achieve peak performance one must have a balance between work and personal life.
We want this to be the studio where you do the best work of your career.
We are looking for wildly creative applicants who have a real passion for games, great social and communication skills as well as a positive, collaborative mentality.
What you will be doing:
* You'll have the opportunity to learn about the reality of game development from experienced developers in a AAA environment
* Create and maintain robust gameplay components using Frostbite, our proprietary engine
* Work with a design team to design and develop multiplayer game mechanics
* Collaborate closely with teammates from other disciplines, to integrate your work into the project
* Take feedback from the design team on your work, and the gameplay experience you are working on
What we expect of you:
* Proficiency with visual scripting or C-style scripting languages
* Editor experience (for engines such as Unity or Unreal)
* Passionate about multiplayer games
* A positive disposition, and a growth mindset
* Have worked on a multi-disciplinary team to build a game
* Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal
* Ability to work autonomously and think proactively
* Creative and flexible when faced with constraints
Valuable additional experience:
* Using mod tools to tweak or enhance existing games
* Building content with software such as Maya, Sketchup or ZBrush
* Experience with wireframing or prototyping tools such as Adobe XD
* Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite, or Microsoft Office
Community / Marketing Title: Fall 2019: Tech Design Intern
Electronic Arts Inc. is a leading global interactive entertainment software company. EA delivers games, content and online services for Internet-connected consoles, personal computers, mobile phones and tablets.
EEOText: EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law. EA also makes workplace accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities as required by applicable law.
Date Opened: 2019-07-01 20:54:06.817
EEO Employer Verbiage:
EA is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, family status or veteran status. We will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal records in accordance with applicable law.
Location: Los Angeles - Playa Vista
Location_formattedLocationLong: Playa Vista, California US
About Electronic Arts
Electronic Arts is a company that develops, markets, publishes, and distributes games, content, and services for game consoles, personal computers, mobile phones, and tablets.