At Box, we strive to promote a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value team members who are life-long learners, passionate about continuous improvement for themselves and for the team around them.
As a Quality Engineering Manager, you'll join a highly collaborative team building a wide variety of collaborative experiences on top of our platforms. You'll drive automation test strategy including selecting tools and crafting frameworks needed for high quality releases. And the work you'll do will directly impact the experience of our 40 million+ users. Help us reimagine the future of content!
Why the team needs you
We are looking for a Sr. QE Manager who can partner with development teams to cultivate a quality culture, some one who can think out of the box in-terms of testing and propose solutions to the challenges they see. As a Sr. Manager on the Quality Engineering team, you will join a diverse, fast-paced team that's responsible for releasing mobile, desktop and web applications. You will work across teams to lead automation efforts and build frameworks that power critical use cases in a future-proof way.
Why Box needs you
Box is growing fast. Real fast. Every business in the world is looking to modernize the way that they work. As the leader in cloud content management, Box is the ideally positioned company to help enterprises transform how people collaborate together. A major part of that transformation will occur on people's browsers. That's where you come in!
Why you need Box
You will have the chance to collaborate with, learn from, and mentor a strong group of accomplished engineers. You'll be exposed to and will be part of design, planning, and monitoring of the full stack of our Box application(s). Expect to partner with peer engineering managers and engineers to build standard methodologies and tools which will be used by several teams within Box.
Who you are
* You have 8+ years of QA/QE experience with a minimum of 5 years in management role
* You have experience working in a horizontal role coordinating testing efforts across multiple development teams
* You have 5 + years experience with one or more object-oriented programming language (Java, Python, Objective C, etc…)
* You are an expert in building automation frameworks from scratch and converting manual test cases to automated tests
* You have defined automation methodologies, strategies, standards, tools for automation processes.
* You can design and review implementation of the test automation framework and setup infrastructure to scale.
* You have solid understanding and experience with CI & CD practices like automated tests, builds, and deployments
* You understand, communicate, and align team contributions to strategic company direction, vision, and values
* You can understand priorities and help drive the team's day-to-day work
* You have recommended process improvements to achieve higher levels of software quality and meet overall business objectives
* You have proven ability in mentoring and developing direct reports.
* You have consistent track record demonstrating the ability to attract, hire, motivate and develop the best engineers.
About Box: Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Box is a company that provides an online file sharing and cloud content management service.