At Box, we strive to foster a culture of transparency and inclusiveness, we aim to execute quickly, and we are committed to doing the right thing for our end users. We value leaders who are life-long learners, passionate about continuous improvement for themselves, their teams, and their products.
The security products group is responsible for building products that protect content and users from and that provides advanced analytics/visibility into content lifecycle. Box Shield is a new product that provides intelligent security to detect threats and protect content by leveraging machine learning and understanding context about users, devices, and content. The capabilities that we are focusing for V1 of Shield include -
a) Identifying anomalous access and potentially compromised accounts
b) Providing more context and analytics around user activity
c) Delivering capability to configure classification based controls
Why Box needs you
As Box is doubling down on building security and compliance product offerings, the need to hire strong leaders who are passionate about building end-to-end products have grown. As a leader in the Security Products group, you will be responsible for setting up the strategy and the future direction of building products that provide frictionless security. We'll look for you to provide perspective on leading industry trends, recommendations on new and emerging technologies, thought leadership on code quality, and engineering process improvements. You will hire more epic engineers and will lead a team of highly collaborative and skilled engineers. You will also work closely with other engineering leaders, product managers and other partners to help realize our ambitious goals.
Why you need Box
The Box engineering team provides a unique combination of technical challenges around scale, reliability, and new feature development. As a manager of the Box Shield team, you will have an opportunity to build a new product that will influence customers to trust Box with more of their sensitive content/business processes. This new add-on product will directly impact the top line growth of Box and has the potential to be a multi-million dollar business within Box. You will have the opportunity to manage and influence a broad technology stack spanning UI, Backend, Data & Machine Learning tiers.
What you'll be responsible for
* Partner with Product Management and technical leaders to build a compelling vision and roadmap for Box Shield and other Security Products/features.
* Cultivate a culture of excellence on the team through a focus on execution, quality, and scale
* Guide the professional growth of engineers and aspiring managers, providing relevant and timely career guidance and feedback
* Grow the team through hiring great engineers and leaders
* Model and uphold our values through building a collaborative, inclusive team with a focus on customer impact and building for leverage
Who you are
* Individual with high integrity, team-focused approach with collaboration skills to build tight-knit relationships across Box
* Several years of experience as a software engineering manager, ideally leading teams owning high-scale production services
* Several years experience as a Software Engineer
* Experience driving effective execution with agile processes in a highly dynamic environment
* Strong communicator, able to build a compelling vision for their team
* Responsive person with a strong bias for action and a thirst for learning
* Preferred: Expertise in building high-scale data/analytics/events processing systems
Who we are
* Shield - new advanced security product (https://www.box.com/shield)
* Tech blog (http://tech.blog.box.com/)
* Open source projects (http://opensource.box.com/)
* Developer Platform (https://developers.box.com/)
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest dreams. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and administer their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia. To learn more about Box, visit www.box.com.
U.S. Equal Opportunity Employment Information (Completion is voluntary)
Individuals seeking employment at Box are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Box is a company that provides an online file sharing and cloud content management service.