Tasks and Automations- Full Stack Engineer
Role and Team
As an engineer on Enterprise Tasks and Automations team, you'll be joining a fast-paced, full-stack team in one of the critical areas of Box. We are building new tools and APIs to help users get their work done faster in Box. You will work across teams to lead design and implementation of components that power mission-critical use cases for our customers.
The specific products and services we currently support include:
* Automationsallows users to create conditional actions for user activity in Box, such as assigning a task when a file is uploaded
* Trigger Service the back-end orchestration layer for Box events
* Tasksallows users to assign and manage tasks to get their work done within Box
* Task Service the back-end service that allows for management of Task objects
For more information about Box Tasks and Automations, check out the announcement (https://youtu.be/snGRvi2bDjA) and demo (https://youtu.be/Qf1rVZ8BLcg) from BoxWorks on August 29th, 2018.
You can also read about the BoxWorks announcement here (scroll to the section titled "Streamlining collaborative work with Box Tasks and Automations"): https://blog.box.com/blog/boxworks-2018-intelligence-automation-digital-business
Why Box needs you
As a technical and inspiring leader, you will work across organizational and team boundaries in order to drive decisions that align with the future architecture, product, and business goals. You will lead significant technology initiatives from inception to successful deployment, across multiple layers of architecture. We'll look for you to provide perspective on leading industry trends, recommendations on new and emerging technologies, thought leadership on code quality, and engineering process improvements. You will innovate alongside other senior members of our staff on our road to excellence.
Why you need Box
The Box engineering team provides a unique combination of technical challenges around scale and robustness. As part of the Enterprise Backend team, you will help drive the product and technical vision as well as deliver critical features that generate revenue for the company through enterprise engagement as well as an add-on SKU. You will have an opportunity to design and release new services and integrate with existing systems across Box.
What you'll be responsible for
* Key contributor to the technical roadmap of the enterprise organization
* Drive the design and implementation of features related to enterprise Influence our team's processes and execution methods
* Coach and mentor other engineers and teams Collaborate with others senior engineers across our organization to define our technical strategy
Who you are
* 7 to 10 years of experience (or equivalent expertise) as a software engineer
* Pragmatic experience decomposing monolithic applications into service oriented architectures
* You understand design tradeoffs, and are able to balance technical constraints, business requirements and professional growth when thinking about your projects
* Act like an owner and strive to do work you're proud of, both technically and in your team interactions
* You have experience with CI/CD, TDD
* Experience executing in projects involving distributed systems
* Technical lead in the past for a team of at least 3+ engineers
* Able to influence other teams to align with your technical and product vision
* Played with the Box APIs or developed your own APIs
See "Security: Access Controls and Visibility" and "Security: Governance and Compliance" spaces in the Box Overview https://www.box.com/products-and-features
Governance & Compliance: https://www.box.com/security/governance-and-compliance
IT & Admin Controls: https://www.box.com/security/it-admin-controls
Box Community - Governance: https://community.box.com/t5/Box-Governance-Resource-Center/ct-p/BoxGovernance
Box Community - Admin Resources: https://community.box.com/t5/New-Admin-Resource-Center/ct-p/NewAdmin
Legal Holds Launch Post: https://blog.box.com/blog/legal-holds-now-available-box-governance-customers/
Box Tasks and Automations BoxWorks18 announcement: https://youtu.be/snGRvi2bDjA
Box Tasks and Automations BoxWorks18 demo: https://youtu.be/Qf1rVZ8BLcg
Streamlining collaborative work with Box Tasks and Automations: https://blog.box.com/blog/boxworks-2018-intelligence-automation-digital-business
Tech Blog: https://blog.box.com/blog/category/engineering
Open Source Projects: http://opensource.box.com/
Developer Platform: https://developer.box.com/
Founded in 2005, Box (NYSE:BOX) is transforming the way people and organizations work so they can achieve their greatest ambitions. As the world's leading enterprise software platform for secure content collaboration, Box helps business of all sizes in every industry securely access and manage their critical information in the cloud. Box is headquartered in Redwood City, CA, with offices across the United States, Europe and Asia.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Box is a company that provides an online file sharing and cloud content management service.