At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products in the world. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every single day.
As a Program Manager at Remitly, you are a shepherd - responsible for customer and business outcomes and leading the Security team as well as other engineering teams through influence. You are passionate about security, data privacy, and protecting customers and strive to build and implement industry-best programs to achieve our goals. You will partner with Product, Engineering, Operations, and Data teams to build and manage a secure and reliable platform for our customers and employees.
As part of the Security team you will:
* Work cross-functionally with partner teams (Engineering, Data, etc.) to integrate security goals and deliverables into roadmaps and drive completion of those items through influence.
* Develop critical metrics and performance indicators to illustrate security posture and effectiveness and use those data points to improve outputs.
* Work broadly with all teams at Remitly to understand all things data - where we use it, how it's stored, who and what has access to it, and how we ensure the utmost privacy and protection for that data.
* Work with the security community at large to better address common threats.
* Work with developer teams across the company to better address pain points and enable more effective and efficient developer throughput.
* Participate in roadmap and sprint planning, execution, and retrospectives.
* 5+ years of experience in Information Security.
* 3+ years of experience leading multi-functional programs with proven track record of successful, timely delivery.
* Experience managing PCI, GDPR, State Audit, and/or other security compliance programs.
* Understanding of security frameworks - ISO 27001/2, COBIT, NIST, etc.
* Demonstrated experience with stakeholder management, program management, and leading through influence.
* Excellent analytical skills - you love solving problems that have no obvious solution.
* Ability to understand security and data risks and explain them to both technical and non-technical audiences.
* Familiarity with generally-accepted security methods, concepts, and techniques.
* Experience communicating with C-level staff and/or Board of Directors.
Nice to haves:
* You hold at least one industry certification such as CISSP, CISM, CISA, GIAC.
* Hands-on experience with Cloud-provider technologies (AWS, GCP, Azure, etc.)
Who we are:
Remitly is the largest independent digital remittance company headquartered in the United States, transferring over $6 billion in annualized volume from its customers in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia to loved ones throughout the world. The company's proprietary global transfer network includes its easy-to-use mobile app, which makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.
Remitly is an international payments company.