Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems in Northridge, CA is currently seeking a motivated Configuration Manager to join our talented team!
In this position, the selected candidate plans and coordinates preparation of project documentation, such as engineering drawings, production specifications and schedules, and contract modifications, to ensure customer contract requirements are met. Reviews contract to determine documentation required for each phase of project, applying knowledge of engineering and manufacturing processes. Analyzes proposed changes of product design to determine effect on overall product and system. Coordinates modification records for management control. Establishes change orders and prepares for change authorization and documentation by company and subcontractor. Reviews and analyzes released engineering change data and coordinates changes with engineering, quality, support, manufacturing, and engineering data control activities.
Key responsibilities include:
* Ability to coordinate and administer configuration management activities related to planning, identification, change
management, status accounting, verification and audit
* Facilitate enterprise item / drawing releases and change requests
* Facilitate Configuration Control Board reviews
* Ensure product data structure alignment between PLM and ERP systems
* Assist in performing configuration status accounting and configuration audits
* Assist in ensuring conformance to applicable company CM processes (CMMI and AS9100)
* Assist in ensuring conformance to industry CM standards following the guidance provided in EIA-649 and MILHDBK-
* Ability to interface successfully with Program Managers, Contracts, Engineers and Navy counterparts to ensure
configuration and data items are managed appropriately and in compliance with contract requirements
* Ability to decipher and disseminate CM requirements contained within contractual documentation
* Proficiency with product lifecycle management system
* Must be able to successfully obtain and maintain a US Gov't issued Secret clearance within a timeframe set forth by management; US citizenship is required.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or Management, & minimum 10 years' experience; or Master's degree & minimum 8 years' experience
* Configuration Management training or experience on defense programs
* Current/active DoD Secret clearance
* Specific training in configuration management through certification program a bonus
* Knowledge of Data Management and CDRL processing preferred
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.