At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Sr. Principal Engineer Software 4 - Senior Java Developer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rancho Bernardo (San Diego), CA.
Looking for a hands-on software engineer with experience in a process-oriented software development environment. This position is for a JAVA DEVELOPER.
* Work with a team of developers and integrators focused on delivering software products as part of an IFC.
* Participate in the software development cycle including design, implementation and delivery of build/test/release.
* Participate in a process-oriented environment developing high quality products.
* Collaborate with team members on a regular basis.
* Mentor junior engineers.
* Bachelor's Degree in STEM with 9 years of software engineering experience or a Master's Degree in STEM with 7 years of software engineering experience or a PhD's Degree in STEM with 4 years of software engineering experience
* Direct experience developing Java applications
* An active DoD Top Secret clearance & the ability to obtain program access
* Experience with object oriented programming, design patterns, JMS, Web Services, XML and related technologies (i.e., XPath, XSLT, XSD)
* Experience developing enterprise solutions for Java Enterprise Edition (JEE) in a SOA environment
* Prior Agile experience
* Able to communicate effectively both verbally and through email, documents and presentations
* Previous program experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.