Do you desire a patriotic role and the chance to defend our nation's cyber infrastructure? Do you enjoy learning about new technologies and how they can be used to provide cutting edge services to our customers? If so, then look to join the Northrop Grumman Mission Systems team.
The Principal Cyber Network Security Analyst position will be located in Arlington, VA or Fair Lakes, VA.
This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below.
* Perform technical analysis on a wide range of cybersecurity issues, with a focus on network activity and data; this includes, but is not limited to: network flow (i.e. netflow) or related forms of session summary data, signature-based IDS alert/event data, full packet capture (PCAP) data, proxy and application server logs (various types).
* Triage IDS alerts, collect related data from various network analysis systems, review available open and closed source information on related threats & vulnerabilities, diagnose observed activity for likelihood of system infection, compromise or unintended/high-risk exposure. Prepare analysis reports detailing background, observables, analysis process & criteria, and conclusions.
* Analyze large volumes of network flow data for specific patterns/characteristics or general anomalies, to trend network activity and to correlate flow data with other types of data or reporting regarding enterprise-wide network activity.
* Leverage lightweight programming/scripting skills to automate data-parsing and simple analytics.
* Document key event details and analytic findings in analysis reports and incident management systems.
* Identify, extract and characterize network indicators from cyber threat intelligence sources, incident reporting and published technical advisories/bulletins.
* Assess cyber indicators/observables for technical relevance, accuracy, and potential value/risk/reliability in monitoring systems.
* Recommend detection and prevention/mitigation signatures and actions as part of a layered defensive strategy leveraging multiple capabilities and data types.
* Develop IDS signatures, test and tune signature syntax, deploy signatures to operational sensors, and monitor and tune signature and sensor performance.
* Fuse open-source threat & vulnerability information with data collected from sensors across the enterprise into cohesive and comprehensive analysis.
* Provide technical assessments of cyber threats and vulnerabilities.
* Communicate and collaborate with analysts from other SOC organizations to investigate cyber events.
* Produce final reports and review incident reports from junior analysts.
* Monitor and report on trends and activity on network sensor platforms.
* Produce and update technical analysis documentation (processes, procedures, analysis criteria, report templates, etc.).
Basic Qualifications - To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below. This requisition may be filled at a higher grade based on qualifications listed below. This requisition may be filled at either a level 3 or 4.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and a minimum of 5 years related technical experience required for the level 3 role. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field and a minimum of 9 years related technical experience required for the level 4 role. An additional 4 years of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
* Active Top Secret Security Clearance with SCI eligibility is required. In addition, selected candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a favorably adjudicated DHS background investigation (EOD) for continued employment.
* Working knowledge of security concepts, protocols, processes, architectures and tools (vulnerabilities, threats and exploitation, authentication & access control technologies, threat intelligence data and sources, WHOIS and DNS referential data and sources, intrusion detection/prevention capabilities, network traffic analysis, SIM technology, incident handling, media/malware analysis, etc).
* Working knowledge of networking concepts, protocols and architectures (OSI-model, TCP/IP, major application protocols such as DNS/HTTP/SMTP, LAN/WANs, VPNs, routers/routing, addressing, etc).
* Detailed knowledge of intrusion detection engines, capabilities and signature formats in general, with a specific focus on Snort/Sourcefire variations and regular expressions (REGEX).
* Knowledge of cyber policy & issues, the global cyber community, roles of major organizations how they interrelate and interact, and challenges in these structures.
* Awareness of the common cyber products and services, an understanding of their limitations, and a comprehensive understanding of the disciplines of cybersecurity.
* Ability to produce results in a fast-paced environment with the ability to meet iterative deadlines.
Preferred Qualifications - Candidates with these preferred skills will be given preferential consideration:
* Experience working within the Federal government technology community a plus.
* DODD 8570 Level II certification (SANS certifications, CISSP).
* Experience leading and managing within SOC/NOC operations.
* Familiarity with Kill Chain for incident response.
* Familiarity with incident response products and best practices.
* Experience with database (e.g. MS Access, SQL) and/or portal administration (e.g. SharePoint).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.