Do you want to work on a team that is redefining how humans interact with intelligent technology in more natural and personalized ways? At Microsoft, our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. For over two decades now, Windows has democratized computing and made it possible for billions of humans everywhere to achieve more!
With the power of a Common Core Platform enabling new and innovative category defining Devices (like HoloLens, Surface Studio, Surface Dial etc.) backed by Intelligent Cloud Services (like XBOX Live, Office365, OneDrive, Universal Store, Beam Streaming, LinkedIn, Dynamics CRM, Bing, Skype, Yammer, Microsoft Health etc.), Windows continues to enable users to have Seamless, Secure and Intuitive game changing Experiences (like 3D Object Creation, Holographic Computing, Augmented / Virtual Reality, 4k Gaming, Inking, Cortana Personal Assistant etc.) across multiple devices in a complex and socially connected world.
These exciting user experiences and technologies need to meet or exceed user's privacy expectations. The Windows Privacy team works with engineering teams to promote transparency and end user choice over the use of their personal information and defines division-wide processes for incorporating privacy into the product development cycle and engineering system.
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science, math, or engineering discipline or equivalent experience
* 5+ years demonstrated technical program management excellence in complex regulatory or technical environments
* 2+ years working with data management/compliance or regulatory programs
* MBA or equivalent
* Previous technical privacy or security experience
* IAPP Certified Information Privacy Professional is preferred on-hire. Willingness to become certified within 6 months of hire is required
* Previous experience with product development
* Ability to demonstrate a strong understanding of data management techniques and an understanding of the regulatory and policy landscape, as it relates to privacy and privacy risk
* Demonstrable experience with developing communications through scorecarding/business metrics
* Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills, including executive-level summaries
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Performing ongoing assessments of privacy compliance processes, identifying and addressing gaps, proposing new features, functionality, and reporting to drive improvements into the Privacy Program
* Participating in bug triage and driving privacy bug resolution with engineering partners.
* Digging deep into the Windows data privacy controls and conducting technical deep-dive assessments to evaluate any concerns pre-release
* Partnering with cross-company teams as a subject matter expert
* Scaling Privacy awareness and reducing risk for the organization through education and evangelism of Privacy concepts.
* Identifying and driving decisions by appropriately escalating issues to executive management
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.