Do you want to help build large scale, high throughput, secure and fault-tolerant systems that manage and deliver media and web content globally?
Do you want to work in risk-taking and innovative organization where you can help grow the next multibillion-dollar business?
If so, then we are the team you should be talking to!
We're the Azure Media Services team that delivers end-to-end media platform in the cloud. Video is a workload that is always testing the limits of the entire technology stack. Its real-time nature and huge data volume make it a true engineering challenge. Azure Media Services provides broadcast-quality video streaming services that can reach larger audiences on today's most popular mobile devices. It was used for multiple high-profile online events including Olympics, World Cup Soccer and Super Bowl streaming which demonstrated the massive scale and robustness of the platform. Azure Media Services is also the video AI runtime for Microsoft Cognitive Services and provides ever growing AI capabilities including audio indexing, face detection, motion detection, sentiment analysis, etc.
But, there's a lot more to come. We're rapidly expanding the scope of our team to go after even bigger opportunities including enterprise video, linear TV in the cloud, low latency video, video indexer, smart media processing at the edge, advanced machine learning on audio and video and many others. That's why we need great developers like you!
This team affords high visibility & tremendous career growth prospects. We also offer a wide range of project opportunities for you to grow your career to the next level. Whether it's building first-class cloud platform and services, highly scalable distributed systems, cross-platform clients that run on all popular devices, in-depth audio/video processing at scale, studio-grade content protection solution and so on. There is always an opportunity that can let you feel challenged and passionate about. You will be responsible for proposing and developing innovative solutions that span across multiple layers of technologies.
Candidates must have a track record for delivering complete, high-quality design and implementation. In addition, you need to deal well with ambiguity and can help define clear goals and keep them in focus. You must have demonstrated ability to work well both independently and collectively in a team environment.
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science or Engineering
* 4+ years of experience in C# or Java or Go or C++ programming
* 2+ years of experience with major cloud platform (Azure, GCP, AWS)
* Solid experience with building cloud based distributed systems, in particular - time constrained big data processing, fault tolerant computing, data analytics, familiarity with common cloud design patterns
* Solid software design skills
* Experience with Azure Platform is a plus
* Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
* Familiarity with container orchestration platforms like Kubernetes is a plus
* Familiarity with Internet protocols such as HTTP, DNS, and TCP is a plus
* Familiarity with streaming data processing technologies such as Spark, Databricks, Storm, Stream Analytics is a plus
* Familiarity with basics of Machine Learning is a plus
Cloud Background check:
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Successful candidates should have proven record of
* Building trust relationship with peers and stakeholders
* Solid organization and planning skills
* Following through on commitments
* Analytical skills - Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it.
* Attention to detail
* Persistence - Tenacity and willingness to go the distance to get things done
* Efficiency - Producing high output with minimal wasted effort
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.