How do you protect against those with bad intentions? You create innovative technical processing solutions and collaborate with some of the finest talent in the IT field. Whether you're an Information Systems Technologist or an Encryption Strategy Expert, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life balance. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
The Raytheon Londinium program is seeking a Network Technician to support the Sustainment and Maintenance of a dynamic network environment hosting a number of data feeds at varying levels of classification. The Network Technician will work both independently and as a member of an integrated product team supporting a wide variety of basic and complex network configurations related to desktop, server and storage area network (SAN) hardware.
The Network Technician will assist with maintaining network designs and documentation, planning and applying upgrades and security patches to network devices in order to keep them current and compliant with information security requirements, and perform a wide variety of sustainment and maintenance activities, including troubleshooting and problem resolution.
Daily duties of the Network Technician may include, but will not be limited to:
* Assisting the System Administrators with IP address assignments and switch port configurations on existing and new workstation/server installations
* Assisting the Lead Network Engineer in developing and implementing Information Technology (IT)/Network plans
* Managing network operations using simple network management protocol (SNMP) network management tools
* Diagnosing and troubleshooting network problems with network protocol capture/decode analyzers
* Planning and building networks from open systems interconnect (OSI) Layer 1 through Layer 3
* Managing TCP/IP internetworking connectivity to include addressing and sub-netting
* Monitoring network traffic to ensure key devices are active and free of errors
* Installing, configuring, updating and documenting the physical cable plant
* Installing, configuring, updating and documenting network hardware (switches, routers, adaptive security appliances (ASAs), transceivers, media converters, etc.)
* Installing, configuring, managing and documenting network security (firewalls, access control lists, virtual private networks (VPNs), etc.)
* Serving as the primary point of contact for network engineers from the Office of the Chief Information Officer (CIO) and other IT organizations external to the Sponsor's Laboratory
Minimum Mandatory Qualifications/Education
* Current/active TS/SCI with full poly
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or equivalent experience.
* Four (4) years required, five (5) years (desired) of total work experience in network configuration and maintenance as it relates to network components, network encryption devices, and computer workstations and servers
* Three (3) years or more of specialized, relevant technical intelligence community experience in the general areas of network/systems operation center support
* At least one (1) year of hands-on experience with Cisco Nexus series hardware configuration and troubleshooting
* Ability to lift up to 35lbs
* Must be a US Citizen with an active TS/SCI clearance with FSP from day one of employment.
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly - Current
Computer/Management Information Systems
Type Of Job
VA - McLean
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.