We are pursuing top talent to join the Raytheon team, and support our vision to be "One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place". Our software engineers are developing and enhancing critical capabilities to arm and defend our warfighters. Candidates will have the opportunity to work on multi-disciplinary teams developing sensor solutions to deliver world-class detection, ranging, tracking, and targeting for military forces worldwide.
This position will design, develop, test, and support flight qualification of signal processing, tracking, and command/control software for programs within the Multi-Spectral Targeting Systems (MTS) product line. The successful candidate will be an active participant on integrated product teams (IPTs) within the Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) business unit; providing embedded real-time software development for multiple electro-optical / infrared (EO/IR) systems. The individual will also support flight qualification testing and field operations support, in a fly-fix-fly rapid development environment. The candidate will work alongside software and systems architects to develop high availability, maintainable, and secure sensing software solutions.
Why Choose Raytheon
Invest in yourself by investing in a career at Raytheon. We support career development in both technical and management paths, with numerous internal and external training opportunities, educational assistance programs, rotational training and development, mentoring, and leadership development programs. We emphasize work-life balance and encourage employees to take advantage of our flexible work arrangements and telecommuting opportunities. We have been recognized across industry with accolades such as: One of the top ten "Best Companies for Women to Work" by IEEE Women in Engineering magazine,
Among the "Best Places to Launch a Career" by Business Week magazine, and A "Top 50 Employer" by readers of Workforce Diversity for Engineering and IT Professionals.
Check out our Raytheon overview on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/raytheoncompany.
Participating in full software lifecycle development (requirements analysis, design, implementation and unit testing, software integration and test, system level integration, and flight qualification). Perform requirements analysis and decompositon to ensure the system will meet all customer requirements. Integrating system parameters and developing software solutions into a real-time sensing system, and validating sensing functionality. Interacting with engineers from other disciplines, such as Systems, Optical and Electrical Engineering, to obtain pertinent information required to accomplish tasks.
* Minimum 6 years' experience developing real-time software.
* Experience with C/C++ software development.
* Applicants must be self-directed and able to decompose complex projects.
* Must be able to manage multiple unrelated tasks in an organized manner.
* Ability to work occasional overtime to support critical program events.
* Must be able to communicate effectively in both written and oral form, including demonstrated effective communication with internal and external customers.
* Willing to travel up to 20% of the time to support flight tests, customer reviews, and off-site integration activities.
* Ability to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance within 1 year of start date.
* Experience developing sensor signal processing or command/control defense application software
* Experience developing software for electro-optical/infrared (EO/IR) sensing systems
* Experience developing and optimizing multi-threaded signal processing or algorithmic software
* Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum, Kanban, Continuous Integration, or Test Driven Development Methodologies
* Experience developing applications on Linux and Windows environments
* Experience developing scripting (e.g. Python) based tools for build and test automation
* Experience developing MATLAB models and analysis tooling
* Experience developing applications or board support packages for a Real-Time Operating Systems (RTOS), e.g., VxWorks, Linux, Green Hills (GH) Integrity.
* Experience developing in a Model-based Engineering environment.
* Working knowledge of requirements management (e.g. Rational DOORS) and software configuration management (e.g. Apache Subversion) processes and tooling
* Working experience developing software with direct hardware interfaces (e.g. interface to FPGA devices) or device driver software development
* Current Secret Clearance
B.S. Degree from an Accredited University, Major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Physics, or Electrical Engineering; or related degree.
M.S. Degree from an Accredited University, Major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering, Math, Physics, or Electrical Engineering; or related degree.
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 143012 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
TX - McKinney
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.