What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon is a technology and innovation leader specializing in defense, security and civil markets throughout the world. Our latest company video is about our people, our technology, our vision, and the values we hold dear at Raytheon.Click here to view: https://youtu.be/qvbCgKpkEds
Raytheon, in support of Kessel Run, is looking for a highly motivated engineer specializing in security monitoring, detection and incident response to defend Kessel Run's information, infrastructure and products. The work location will be in Boston's North End, at WeWork's shared innovation space in Massachusetts.
The Detection Team is responsible for detecting and responding to threats against our development, staging, and production environments. As a Detection Engineer, you will defend Kessel Run by helping to build and run a comprehensive threat detection program. You will improve logging coverage, build and tune log aggregation, analysis, and alerting systems, and detect threats at scale.
* Analyze the latest attacker techniques and develop approaches to detect them across the company's diverse environments and endpoints
* Define, implement, and tune detective capabilities and data sources to detect and remediate malicious activity
* Work with engineering and operations teams to implement threat detection signals, deploy new tooling, and improve response capabilities
* Analyze security data and report on threats and incidents across various platforms and environments
* Use automation to improve identification and response time and reduce impact when an incident occurs
* Demonstrate mastery in presenting complex ideas to audiences of all skill levels and backgrounds
* Lead by example, inspire and motivate others
Position Location: Boston's North End at WeWork's shared innovation space in Massachusetts
Must be a U.S. CITIZEN with the ability to obtain a Secret clearance
* Excellent understanding and experience in multiple security domains such as intrusion detection, incident response, malware analysis, application security, and forensics
* Experience detecting abuse and large-scale attacks in a diverse environment
* Experience in Pivotal Cloud Foundry as a PaaS; cloud environments (AWS preferred); and Linux containers and orchestration systems (Kubernetes preferred)
* Experience working with multiple stakeholders such as engineering/operations teams, internal business units, external incident response teams, and authorization officials throughout the incident lifecycle
* Familiarity with the following detection-related disciplines with deep experience in one or more:
* Large scale analysis of log data using tools such as Splunk or ELK
* Security automation using tools such as Phantom or Demisto
* File system, memory, or live response on Windows, MacOS and/or Linux
* Analysis of network traffic from intrusion detection systems and flow monitoring systems
* Host level detection with tools such as auditd, os-query, SysMon
* Active Secret Security Clearance
* Experience in Agile Development
* Experience in Continuous Integration and/or DevOps
* DevOps or security automation experience is preferred
* Cyber Security certifications such as CISSP, Security+, etc
6 years of related work experience with a BS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM); or 4 years of related work experience with a MS degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM); or a similar STEM degree
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Type Of Job
MA - Boston
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.